• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanprty NF4 UltraD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still haven't gotten it to boot but just an observation. With the OCZ I get 2 lights no beep. With the Geil in DIMM2 I get 3 lights and a beep that just repeats every few seconds. Maybe needs to clear longer?? But I'll continue with the GEIL

Where'd you get that guide?
Pretty sure I was the only one left that had that.....well, besides Rgone.
Battery out, leave it sit overnight.

Get ready to get an extra bios chip. You really need one for these boards.

You've said that they're pretty sensitive. I noticed before that one of the mem ratios stopped working well sort of. It seems to set whatever ratio it want if it's close to 200. Yeah that guide came from Some guy named Mr.Scott when I was googling today don't remember the site but I know it's been posted here before just couldn't find it easily but I have a copy now. I'm gonna give it one more shot here shortly then leave it till tomorrow. Company coming so I have to clear the kitchen table. Ha ha. I brought it in after it crashed on me. Thought I better get to a warm spot.

EDIT: still the same, see if I can find time for it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I changed cards/mem and CPU. I think it just lost it's mind.

Still no go, looks like BIOS depot time

Yeah looks like I might need something like that if I plan on using these boards at all. Man that one went quick. The chip that's in it is OK right? Just scrambled? So I could reprogram it if I had the tools?

Chip is fine. Needs to be re-flashed. A hot flash will do it.
Believe it or not, most of the good DFI boards all behave the same way. Very sensitive to memory adjustments. A slip up and it's instant bios corruption.
The good Abit boards do the same thing.
It's an Oskar Wu trait.

Well weirdest thing. My 1K capstone was the culprit. Which is weird since it's not that old. After I gave up on the Lanparty, I wanted to go through some boards that were questionable as to whether or not they would run since I had everthing set-up and it's been on my to do list for a while. The only reason it raised an eybrow was a couple of these boards I knew or thought I knew would boot but they had other problems. When All 5 of them did the exact same thing except the DFI790 which I'm certain is doinked. I knew there was something else going on. So I tried a known good board and the same in the end I had to do all my testing again. But the Lanparty is up and running as we speak with a 3000+ Venice

Me too but I paid more for the pSU and not sure about warranty since it was a review sample. We'll see. The 3000+ is running pretty good so far and I thought 2 cores were slow. Ha ha

Well at least you realized the Psu was the culprit and didn't go throwing out all your boards.

They never go too far anyway but yeah I knew something wasn't kosher.

Friggin OC enthusiast classic. Man 939 is my stuff. I dont even know how many hours I spend on 939 clocking. It was alot. I grabbed the platform when it first came out and only sold off my 939 collection maybe 2 years back??? IDK I had around 30 different chips and about half a dozen mobos to fiddle with on that platform. Back when vMODs were easy and overvolting didnt seem like a bad idea. The cold bug can definitely put a cramp on your style though.

This sounds like me when I was digging around for a board to use and bench. I had my 990fx boards and CPU's busted and waiting on RMA's. I remembered that I had picked up those DDR2 memory's for that up coming 775 to bench :) I pulled out my 2 AM2/AM2+ boards (Asus M3A & ECS IC780) and my Athlon X2 4850e, 5000, and 5000 BE. They have been setting unused for a good 4+ yrs so the only thing I knew that was going to work was the power supply :( I used the 5000 BE to see if I could get some points from it but it was a no go in both motherboards. I haven't gotten around to try the other cpu's to see if the board's where bad.
That's why I had planned on some months back, buying a working AM2+ board. Unexpected health problems and bills put that on the back burner:(

I got that block rigged up Scotty, now the fun begins ha ha. Thanks for the link Nade. I checked it quickly but there's lots there could be handy.

Back