• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanprty NF4 UltraD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice numbers S_B. I'm setting that one aside today. Going to see if I can successfully flash my Max formula to a Rampage board here right shortly.

You mean my Expert is hard to find>? That's not a bad thing.

That's why I picked up that combo of 2 Experts and got my hands on another that needed repairing last year.
The fourth one turned out to be truly dead as said by the seller so I just used it for parts, was worth it in that capacity as well since it saved two boards from being tossed. :)

Speaking of repairs I blew a MOSFET in one of my D's earlier while testing a suspect chip, it's a proven goner now (The chip - Opty 152 :rain: ) and will have to fix that sooner or later.

That's why I picked up that combo of 2 Experts and got my hands on another that needed repairing last year.
The fourth one turned out to be truly dead as said by the seller so I just used it for parts, was worth it in that capacity as well since it saved two boards from being tossed. :)

Speaking of repairs I blew a MOSFET in one of my D's earlier while testing a suspect chip, it's a proven goner now (The chip - Opty 152 :rain: ) and will have to fix that sooner or later.

I've always wanted to go solid caps, but decided to wait until one of the originals blows up first. No point in repairing what isn't broken yet. But I gotta say these DFI boards can take a heck of a beating.

That's why I snagged one up last year here. Now I just need to dig it and my Ultra-D out,and find some sinks for the north bridges

I need to find new RAM. I have some GSkill garbage that doesn't clock up unless I'm hitting 3.1v and that's just no good. With the modded bios and current RAM I find overclocking to be difficult and even booting from fresh Clear CMOS to sometimes be a pain in the arse especially if I don't use the correct slots.

Nice numbers S_B. I'm setting that one aside today. Going to see if I can successfully flash my Max formula to a Rampage board here right shortly.

You should have no issues flashing those boards. I'm sure they'll turn out great for you.

On a side note, if anyone needs an air cooler for S939 or P4, the T/R XP-120 is still available at Performance-PCs for $12.95, plus shipping.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/thermalright-xp-120-aluminum-heatpipe-heatsink-for-k8-p4-775.html

I actually use a socket AM2/AM3 Opteron quad heat pipe cooler with a little mounting mod so i can implement a TEC when I feel up to it. Still using the stock fan and 1.65v, the Cpu runs rather cool. It's the 1.7v range I struggle with and trying to hit 3200mhz is almost impossible without liquid at least with the current fan I'm using which is stock to the heat sink. It doesn't push a lot of air.

Thanks for the link!

On a side note, if anyone needs an air cooler for S939 or P4, the T/R XP-120 is still available at Performance-PCs for $12.95, plus shipping.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/thermalright-xp-120-aluminum-heatpipe-heatsink-for-k8-p4-775.html

Thanks man but I'm in the same boat. Mostly water and when on air the FX stock HS bolts right in and is more that enough.
@ Shrimpy, The flash went well. Had a little panic when I re-started the system and had a blk screen. Did a Reset and started right up as a Rampage X48. Didn't fix my FSB limit with the quads thogh :(
OH ya did a pecil mod that cleared up the VDrop too

Rampage conversion and Vrop fix.JPG

IIRC..... When Intel was using the CORE uarch, they had dropped SMT from the chips. So there is no use in spending extra money on the Asus P5E (x48) when the Asus P5W (975x) will do. It was not not until the release of the first I series (1366) that Intel brought back SMT???? Correct.

On a side note, if anyone needs an air cooler for S939 or P4, the T/R XP-120 is still available
I found the 115x mounting I have for my TRUE works on 939/754
I need to find new RAM. I have some GSkill garbage that doesn't clock up unless I'm hitting 3.1v and that's just no good. With the modded bios and current RAM I find overclocking to be difficult and even booting from fresh Clear CMOS to sometimes be a pain in the arse especially if I don't use the correct slots.

I only have a few sticks some corsair ddr 400 I never pushed andso.e ocz ddr 500 I haven't tried yet

I only have a few sticks some corsair ddr 400 I never pushed andso.e ocz ddr 500 I haven't tried yet

Shortly after my post here, I went to ClassicPlatforms.com and made an inquire about RAM for decent pricing. Bones was saying BH-5 or TCCD are the sticks to look for. He planted a small list of some decent priced RAM, but waiting for Mr. Scott to chime in with some more information. Since I do not have a lot of moneys, BH-5 may be out of the question but am in need of some high clocking sticks. I'd like to try and push for 250mhz at least when I get into benching this platform again (soon hopefully). Can pull off some really decent clocks, but the Memory makes hard for stability after about 3050mhz or so and still under 200mhz.

There's a goal I'd like to hit exceeding 3500mhz on s939 I don't believe I've accomplished yet. Got the TEC and DryIce pot all set up and waiting hehehe.

I was just testing the board S_B. I tried a run on CB with an e 8400 at 4.95 and 1300 ram but my NB was having fits. Wanted more volts but I wasn't sure if I should. FSB was about 550

I was just testing the board S_B. I tried a run on CB with an e 8400 at 4.95 and 1300 ram but my NB was having fits. Wanted more volts but I wasn't sure if I should. FSB was about 550

I'm not much into Intel. But there is a local lad that you could inquire some information from that's on our team. His Name is Sparkey247 (Luke). He is most knowledgeable.

This brings back memories of DFI Street. Ahh, the good old days.

Last edited:
There are still a few DFI Streeters around. ;)

Oh yeah, I know. I just couldn't remember the password to my old Beowulf login for here so I had to start over...the email it was attached to has been gone for a few years and there have been changes in the last year that keep forcing me to try to remember old passwords.

I even caught up with Travis a while back through Facebook.

Back