• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanprty NF4 UltraD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wanna be nice to this 3000+ I think it might actually get along with the cold. 100MHz less around 2880 it was still sitting at 1.45v. That last 100 took a real boost to get it going. One thing I do find odd though is the max voltage then the added percent of VID. Not that it doesn't work it just puts a twist into things.

Mine hates when I change the startup voltage so I just use the % over adjustment. Works fine just like that.

If you do run into chilling this cpu, you'll start generating some good heat at 1.650v. Some of these you may have to arm wrestle with cold booting. All in all it's a great fun platform! Good to see yours working. Been reading to see the outcome and it turned out well!

Thanks S_B I still wonder if it killed that PSU somehow. But been on two others and no issue so maybe it was just a fluke. How's that title workin for ya?

I go this out of it tonight but I'm not going to push it. I think it just needs to be colder since that voltage seems out of line for what it's been scaling to. http://valid.x86.fr/5penbw

Typical AMD. needs good voltage. 1.700v and up is not un-common for 90-130nm chips. Looking back at s754 and 3100+ at 1.7500v and some 3200mhz was a good deal and on chip that was good booting cold 130nm. The 90nm act very similar.

I think most chips I had running 3200mhz give or take where in the 1.700v range. Keep pushing.

Seriously though, if you find something interesting I am looking and it's not easy to find.

Slammed at work all day so I'll try to reply to PM's tonight or tomorrow. Maybe these sticks should go on Ebay :)

:( all I've got are some B6-3's
Corsair Dominators 1066 and Patriot Extreem 1200
Which to go for:??????
Asus P5W Deluxe (975x chipset) that includes a CPU (This is all been tested by a fellow member) for $50 OR
Asus P5E Deluxe (x48 chipset) for $90 OR
DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB for $80

I'm looking for Max speed and Max fun OCing the Board :)
Either way I go, :) it looks like I'll be a member over at classic platforms too :thup:
PS. I get paid on Monday

I like it so far just a bit different.

Both DFI and abit motherboards from that time were always little a different.
Sucks that their both gone. I don't care how old they are systems with a 939 amd 775 DFI and ABIT motherboard are far funner then anything new.

Both DFI and abit motherboards from that time were always little a different.
Sucks that their both gone. I don't care how old they are systems with a 939 amd 775 DFI and ABIT motherboard are far funner then anything new.

True - Thats why I stocked up on 939 DFI's earlier and I'm still looking for a few good ones for different sockets.
You can find Ultra-D's today with ease, it's the higher models that's a pain to track down.

I tend to prefer DFI over Abit if within the same socket type but nothing wrong at all with a good Abit, I'll take those all day long as well.

True - Thats why I stocked up on 939 DFI's earlier and I'm still looking for a few good ones for different sockets.
You can find Ultra-D's today with ease, it's the higher models that's a pain to track down.

I tend to prefer DFI over Abit if within the same socket type but nothing wrong at all with a good Abit, I'll take those all day long as well.

You mean my Expert is hard to find>? That's not a bad thing.

Cruisin a 3700+ a 2800mhz was hookin 3ghz last night. Air cooled too!

@Johan - This is 119% over with no alteration to startup VID

3700+ cruisin 2800mhz.png

Back