• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI SLI-DR Expert Not Detecting Sata Ports 1 and 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzkrieg1110

Okay, so this all started when I purchased 2 more Gb's of ram to install in my pc this week. I installed the ram and the system refused to boot. I messed around with BIOS settings when I removed the ram to make sure it wasn't just memory timings or anything else of that sort. I couldn't figure anything out so I decided to try and clear the CMOS and reset the system. Now (even with my original two sticks of ram in there) I cannot get the system to detect my SATA hard drive in any of my sata ports. I remember having this problem at the very beginning when I got this board, but now I can't remember how to fix it.

Even when I enable "Internal Phy SATA 1/2", it does not show up on the list (only Sata Ports 3 and 4 show up). I attempted to connect the drive to either of those two SATA ports as well, however, automatic drive detection does not work on either of those in recognizing my hard drive...

Any help would be really appreciated, I know there are a lot of guys who still use the DFI SLI-DR boards even though they are older and I would really appreciate it if you could lead me through this.

Thanks!

Wow......I'm the biggest idiot in the world, apparently in my quest to install my ram, the power cord came out from my power supply.

Yeah......lol

Back