• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do all EK items have logo on them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, all non-EK rads dont have the EK logo on it

Although this is probably not the answer you are looking for :)

most manu's brand their products as they want the free advertisement, especially on show rigs and those who do build logs and post on forums. Alphacool with their latest batch of rads put the stickers inside the box for you to put on instead of applying them at the factory.

Black ice a d thermochill rads have been bare unless that changed recently.

ok im sure im gonna get bashed for this, but i bought a radiator off ebay and the dude said it is a slim ek radiator with no logo. But comes in EK box which means nothing. So when it arrives im going to take pictures of everything. he said he has warranty receipt and all which means nothing as well. Just to get your opinion before continuing

Rusty

Post detailed pictures and what radiator model it is supposed to be, we can figure out if it is legit or not.

ok ill post them when i get it. should be here saturday. im posting everything that comes with it along with the box and paperwork.

i have the ebay url but dont know how much that will help. the gloss black paint through me off. obviously im returning it if it isnt correct. i dont want a chinese radiator (no offense) i want a good quality radiator. Last thing i need is to wake up in the morning and find a pool....i dont swim in the winter

Rusty

i have the ebay url but dont know how much that will help. the gloss black paint through me off. obviously im returning it if it isnt correct. i dont want a chinese radiator (no offense) i want a good quality radiator. Last thing i need is to wake up in the morning and find a pool....i dont swim in the winter

Rusty

Or find out it was aluminum and there goes your whole loop and $$$.

Rusty

Wouldn't hurt to see the link.

Yea, since you already purchased it, give a link to the ebay auction. FWIW - "item not as advertised" is pretty tough to get your money back on via complaints with EbayPal, but I wish you luck.

ya thats what i saw he said this one is the slim version. i didnt know if there was a older model or what.

this was his reply when i said the radiator looked suspect

This radiator has that black power coating, which is a signature finish of EK Black Ice Radiator series. Also, included within the box was the standard EKWB void warranty notice (one that states that if you puncture the radiator, your warranty is void etc etc.). I've also sold 480mm Black Ice to a different customer but his radiator, that particular model, did not have EK branded on the radiator (but his radiator comes with the standard EKWB box).

and another reply

No, not this XT model. It's a low-profile unlike the Monsta Rads. Too thin to engrave the markings I suppose.

and last one

You won't. You have my words. And if by any chance you have reasons to believe it is a knock-off, let me know. I will make sure you get your money's worth.

Unless Im out of it right now, he just flat out lied to you... EK does not make Black Ice rads, HWLabs makes those... And Alphacool makes the Monsta rads, so obviously no EK marking. The new Alphacool rads dont have branding and a sticker is included in the boxes if you do want to show off branding.

EK only has one line that has double-fold fins like that, and its not their XT series.

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one that was thinking Black Ice. Those are great rads though.

He appears to be selling a whole bunch of water cooling equipment of various brands. It's possible it was an honest mistake and he just forgot which radiator this was.

I agree that it doesn't appear to be an EK rad. It looks like a Black Ice GTS Stealth.

EDIT: Awww, ATM beat me to the punch while I was looking at pictures. I agree with though. :)

Back