• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Work With Socket 1155?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus heatsink work with Socket 1155 CPUs?

The marketing on NewEgg advises they are compatible with Intel Sockets LGA 775, 1156, and 1366 only.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

If it is compatible, is it a good cooler for use with an i2500K?

Compatibility:
Intel: Socket LGA1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775
AMD: Socket AM3 / AM2 / AM2+

Yes, it will work perfect for your 2500k and allow high overclocks with great heat dissipation.

Edit: I found this by clicking the "Details" tab under the picture of the HSF.

dito Deltafan909

my mate bought it and works very well but he does have v good case cooling used smoke to see what was happening lol he silly was funny

I just installed one on a new build LGA 775. Check out eBay for them, picked mine up brand new in the box for half of what they sell for on Newegg.

I bought the EVO, since it was only about $15 more than the Plus. According to Hardware Secrets' review the performance is tremendous (as compared to "just" very good for the 212 Plus.) Frankly, I'm suspicious that the baseplate change could improve the results that much; but I opted for it anyway. It should be here in a few days. Then I can put this computer I'm going to build together.

I've not seen any reviews which show it more than a couple of degree's different one way or another. On the plus side the EVO does make application of thermal paste significantly easlier. It's certainly an improvement, but don't expect it to be significan't better than the older 212+

Back