• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

don't overpay, its just not worth it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Where can one acquire this mystical GP104-100 GPU?

Directly from distributors so far thats all I've heard on getting your hands on one. But those who get it tend to buy in bulk or have some arrangement with them. IMO seems even less likely to get one of these Magic Mining Cards vs a standard card.

You would think someone would buy in bulk and then sell individually to make a profit. If you have the money, would probably be quite profitable right now.

You would think someone would buy in bulk and then sell individually to make a profit. If you have the money, would probably be quite profitable right now.

yep .. but then we might have the same prices as the regular ones :(
but I guess the biggest issue is still the manufacturers and the lack of supply, they are waiting for prices to top so a new bottom will form

So AMD says, they are trying to ramp up GPU production more because of the miners but they are having supply issues with the memory chips...

well btc took the major dump .. now its well under 10k and not looking very good .. i for one am quite disappointed, but there is a positive side effect to it as well - the craze should begin to settle and perhaps some people might even start dropping cards to 2nd hand market .. when that happens and the prices start dropping, lets see what the manufacturers do, do they sit still or do the suddenly find those missing chips and drop em quick ? ;) i suspect they have reserves they held back intentionally, we shall see soon enough I guess

They had absolutely no reason to hold back, this was prime time for them, they were selling everything they had, makes no sense to hold back financially.

They had absolutely no reason to hold back, this was prime time for them, they were selling everything they had, makes no sense to hold back financially.

maintaining scarcity solidifies the new bottom price .. if they poured em at full throttle prices wouldn't have climbed this high in the first place and def didnt open the golden opportunity for a new base price

but just an opinion of course, we'll see how it plays out

^^this, both Nvidia and AMD are working at full capacity, unfortunately demand is outstripping supply. The NV fabs can only make some many wafer's, these wafers have to be split across the entire product stack from a 1030 to a titan V, he same applies to the AMD fabs. Then you need memory from a different fab, again the memory manufacturers have to split their wafers between DDR3, DDR4, GDDR5 & 5X and HBM. What sounds like a lot of capacity soon disappears when it gets split down, and that's before you start talking about defective wafers....

Back