• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drop Temperatures on RYZEN 3000 CPUs: der8auer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've tested 3600, 3600X, 3700X and 3900X. All 3600, 3600X and 3700X had similar temps (even though there are 2 cores difference) while the 3900X had 6-7°C more using the same coolers. I was testing whole Noctua coolers line and some more like Scythe or other brands, but of course I wasn't using the smallest coolers on the 3900X but something like U12S or D15. It really doesn't matter much on any Ryzen 3000.

if you have or can get one of the …… yes if you have or can get the custom mount version or at least let me know what the final cost would be to Ontario K0H 2L0. I just bought a new MSI 2080 Super my wife might flip if I spend too much more.

To get to me, it's €43.76. Shipping to Canada...heh...I've never shipped to Canada...so have no idea. I assume the price shouldn't be any different than whatever it is to the US. But without knowing the specific size/weight of the thing, I can't really estimate very well. I'm still willing to get it and ship as economically as possible if you'd like.

To get to me, it's €43.76. Shipping to Canada...heh...I've never shipped to Canada...so have no idea. I assume the price shouldn't be any different than whatever it is to the US. But without knowing the specific size/weight of the thing, I can't really estimate very well. I'm still willing to get it and ship as economically as possible if you'd like.

Thanks for looking into that with the dollar down now I'm looking at $70 cad + shipping, so somewhere around $100cad would be a guess. My temps aren't that bad and I don't bench allot so I'll wait I think for now. Its an interest concept and I would like to try it out but is it worth $100 probably not. My money might better be spent on a water block for my video card.

It's an neat concept but such a niche market, I have doubts as to whether or not it would be marketed in the US.

How has his previous products done in the US? I would have thought if there was enough interest, some of the bigger computer bits places might get some to resell and make it easier.

It is probably only a matter of time before similar products start to appear from other companies. For example, I got the 2066 delid tool, and it feels a bit over-designed. Cheaper options did appear later.

Thanks for looking into that with the dollar down now I'm looking at $70 cad + shipping, so somewhere around $100cad would be a guess. My temps aren't that bad and I don't bench allot so I'll wait I think for now. Its an interest concept and I would like to try it out but is it worth $100 probably not. My money might better be spent on a water block for my video card.
No problem. There aren't too many folks on this side of the pond it seems. I usually get most of my stuff when I come back to the states for obvious reasons anyway, but appreciate sometimes, things just aren't available locally.

The main problem with the US market can be that he only works with caseking.de store afaik and they are one of the largest distributors of gaming/enthusiast PC hardware in the EU. Since he is sponsored by them then if they won't put these products on Amazon or similar stores then you can't really count on availability out of EU. Another thing is that these products are in really limited quantities. Every product is available for some weeks/months depends on popularity. Once it's gone and is a higher interest then they are ordering a new batch but it usually takes 1-2 months for delivery.

I'm not saying it's a bad product as quality is generally great. It's simply full of marketing slogans while from a practical side, it won't affect overclocking in most cases so many users can be disappointed. Not because of temps drop but because that temps drop won't cause a magical OC boost.

Just one more thing to all those who want to buy it. Check the compatibility list twice as it won't work with every motherboard because of components near the CPU socket.
There are some motherboards that have to be "modified".
https://www.caseking.de/en/der8auer-ryzen-3000-oc-bracket-aio-mount-fsd8-033.html
For example, my CH8 Impact is not on the list and since it's a DTX motherboard then I'm not sure if I can use it at all.

What about the 3950x and above ?

There is nothing above the 3950X and I don't expect it. Also, the heat in 3900X and 3950X is spreading about the same. The same as the heat on the 3600 and 3700, even though there is a 2 core difference. I was talking about it with Noctua as I was wondering if I made a mistake in tests or these chips heat up about the same ... and they confirmed that my results are about the same as theirs.
If we stick to the topic then check how there are 2 additional brackets in a custom kit for der8auer's tool. This illustrates the difference between chips/chiplets.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think it is heat that is limiting my OC 4.3 GHZ Prime95 stable and probably many others here. I think a big limiting factor is the cpu under high AVX is hitting the CPU power limit. In my case with the cooling I have @ 4.3 GHZ if my memory is right I don't think I hit 70* C package temp. Depending on the bench and how far I'm willing to push 4.5 will work for CB20 and I think it was 4.8 on one of the other benches in the overcloctagon, sorry I'm too lazy to look right now and need to get back to work but I would be willing to bet AVX is not as heavily used or at all in these 2 instances. I have never tried to run my video compression above 4.3 to see if the system is stable enough, that might be something to try.

My feelings is it is not a bad idea to be able to take more heat out of the system. In that frame of thought this product makes sense though at $100+ for me is it worth it. That is a question everyone myself included will have to make on our own.

Good video.
Not stupid, just not necessary.
Doesn't matter where you put the cooler, the end result is the atmosphere.
Watch the talk on high temp gradient and how coolers are more efficient this way (?)
Chips already clocked max from the box. Knowing the temp you should run the chip is important.
Under 70c (69c and lower) the chip will boost to it's max energy consumption limits from FIT.

"SenseMi, where everychip maxes it'self. Any cooler will do"
Underclock sub 50w target, can passively cool.

At least with Intel, there's still some overclocking to be had.

I have no idea how much it will be helpful as I think I'm the only Crosshair VIII Impact user here, but the mounting kit is not compatible with CH8 Impact.
Since I was ordering some other stuff then I got one kit but it doesn't fit. There will be still new mobos later this year so maybe I will use it.
On the other hand, I feel a similar result should give some water blocks for large dies which are not designed to put additional pressure in the center of IHS. Can't confirm as I couldn't directly compare it.

Back