• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual inverter making my pc crash?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodgod

One of my dual inverters has some connection problem and makes my dual 4" uv ccfl flash sometimes.... When I move it (it's velcroed in my 5.25 cage) it makes the cathodes flash also.

I didn't care until I tried to plug in while my pc was running. The pc froze and all the hyperbright LEDs on my sunbeam rheobus began to flash.....I shut down my pc, and now I don't think i'll ever use that inverter, I don't want to burn something....What's the problem with it?

I tried using my second dual inverter with the same cathodes and everything seems ok now....I've ordered some aluminium dual-ready inverters from vibelights.com, and hopefully these inverters will be awesome in quality.

I have had 2 inverters melt on me and one started smoking. I do not run Cathodes in my systems anymore. I have since switched to LED Light Tubes. They are more efficient and I think they look better.

I have been hearing many horror stories about cathodes lately. I would just keep an eye on any inverters that you run in your system. As for the crash, the inverter was probably going bad and was shorting out. When you plugged it into your system while it was running, your PSU was shorted.

yeah, i heard that they are dangerous too, that's why I ordered aluminuim one, they seem to be made solid like tanks, not like the cheap plastic blue ones with logistys or sunbeam.

I also placed my inverters in my 5.25 cage, where i got a 80mm fan on top, so I think there's no danger for me now :)

Back