• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustAli

Registered
Hello guys, yesterday i finished my first build but today pc just freez in headphones i heard wierd noise and than pc crash and restarting every sec. But if i unplug atx 2x4 and main power to MB than plug it again it works around 10 minutes and than again crash. PSU and MB i have like a week, do you know where can be problem?

You will need to give us much more information about the system components than you did in your post before we can begin to help you.

CPU make and model?

CPU cooler make and model?

Motherboard make and model?

Memory make, model and frequency? Are all the memory modules the same? Do you have the memory modules installed in the correct slots? For instance, if your motherboard has four memory slots and you are using only two of them, which two are you using and which two slots does the motherboard's owner's manual say to use?

GPU make and model?

PSU make and model and wattage?

Case make and model?

Are any of the components used?

Did you install a fresh copy of Windows?

Did you install the latest motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Is anything in the system overclocked?

Have you checked CPU core/package temps?

Ok i have
i7-8700k in base,
GTX 1080 ti with water cooler block from EK, MB Gygabite Z390 gaming X,
CPU water block AC eisblock xpx aurora,
EK pump D5,
Case Fractal design define r6,
RAM 4x8 GB XPG spectrix D41 - DDR4 3000MHz,
PSU Seasonic Focus plus 1000 gold.
Everything was new only GPU i got year ago as a gift it was in bitcoin farm.
I did install new windowsn, temperature of cores is around 47, only think i didnt check newest drivers yet.
System working well yesterday but today it start crashing.

are the cores at 47 just idling at the desk top or under a load of some sort?
that's a bit on the high side of things if at idle.

are the cores at 47 just idling at the desk top or under a load of some sort?
that's a bit on the high side of things if at idle.

I'd like to know that as well.

With the much RAM, I also wonder if you need to bump up the voltage a little to the IMC.

Just at the desk top but once my fans on radiator didnt work so my cpu and gpu was without cooling so i checked it in occt and noticed that its around 90-100 on cpu but it worked so now i have two tips if you agree with me or have another tip. 1. Check cpu clean it use new thermal past, 2. Install newest updates on MB. Voltage on RAM is base i never tried to bump it because i dont know how much should I.

What radiator are you using?
Did you remove the protective plastic film from the bottom of the cpu water block?

Oh no man iam so stupid now if i think of it i forgot.... I was using it for around 7 hours do you think cooler or cpu can be damaged now?

are you saying the plastic was in place?
if so no worries, the system protected itself by shutting down and it should be ok.
we have all done things like this, that's how we know about this stuff.

Yes i let this plastic on cooler so it probably solve my problem when pc just freez and shut down itself, thanks for advice. I will look on it tomorow.

My bad now i looked at cooler and there is no plastic so i had to remove it before, any tips wha it can be?

Did you put any thermal paste between the cooler CPU block and the top of the CPU?

Do you have electrical power to the water cooling pump?

You have not told us anything about your water cooling radiator. What is the make and model?

Can you take the side panel off of your case and take a picture of the inside so we can see the layout? Use the Go Advanced button in the lower right corner of any new post window to attach pics.

Last edited:
Yes i did, to be sure now i should clean cpu with cooler and put there new thermal paste?

Clean it with rubbing alcohol.

Tell us about the radiator. Caddi daddi and I have both asked about that and you haven't replied. What is t he size of the radiator? How many fans long is it? 1 fan, 2 fans, 3 fans? And that pic I asked for would be nice.

Sorry i missed that, Iam using Alphacool radiator 360mm ( This was gift so iam not sure which model exactly it is ) which is cooled by two 140mm fans from behind. Pump is working its just connected to the PSU so it going on 100%. If iam trying to upload image it says that "failed to upload".

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

https://ctrlv.cz/9zp7 At least i can do it like that.

Oh There should be just two more pipes, from GPU into CPU and from CPU to radiator, in back of radiator i have 2 fans how i said, now I have to band new pipe from CPU to radiator because it was kind a easy to pull it off fitting, is it ok like that, if i only described it to you?

Among other things, I suspect there is a language barrier at play here that is making this help session progress with great difficulty.

Looking a the picture, should we assume that the reason the CPU water block is not connected to anything is because you earlier removed the pipes to check for the plastic protector sheet on the bottom side of the CPU water block? If not, I think we figured out why your temps are so high.

Are there any fans attached to the top radiator? Can't tell if the fans are there but hidden from view in the top of the case.

Please reattach the pipes like you had them and then give us a new picture so we can get an accurate picture of how the system plumbing was set up.

Last edited:
Back