• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dugans' LAN 06- April Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw a nasty accident on the way home... 1 car smashed into another, which got jammed UNDER A CAR COMPLETELY!!! The 1st car of the 3 was completely on top of the 2nd car's hood/windshield... never seen a car jammed under another THAT bad.

Anyways, thanks SO much for the awesome hospitality, Doug... you've no idea how much I appreciate it. :)

I'm still EXTREMELY upset about you stepping all over my bed. Next time I'm going to pretend I'm still sleeping and as you pass by I'm going to grab your ankle and drop you to the floor!!

Captain Slug said:
Survey Says: I play UT2k4 too often
Right now the corpses are being stacked and their remaining hardware is being claimed.

Bah you may be able to smoke me in UT04 but your mom still dresses you funny :p

Bal`thzar said:

Lol. Ain't that the truth. Though she did give him a nice purse to put his clothes in. :clap:

- Blackstar

dylskee said:
Had a blast, but man Captain Slug needs a hobby that doesn't involve fragging!
Nah. I have too many hobbies that don't.
Bal`thzar said:
So says Mr. Snoopy-Pants. I am well aware that I dress myself funny. You improved quite a bit when you were using the double flak. Krieger and Blackstar (despite his whining) also did suprisingly well.

I'm safely home and so is all of my stuff (which I am typing on right now). Doug, the loose thumbscrews in my case came from the custom 3.5-to-5.25 adapers I made. The thumbscrews hold the drives in place and luckily only half of them came loose on the trip home. I just need to re-shell my monitor now.

Last edited:
Looked like one hell of a blast. :D

rogerdugans said:
Next one will be towards the end of August- not sure of exact dates yet.

Every single time one of these roll around, I kick myself for never failing to be out of the state for some reason. I don't see any reason why I won't be in MA at the end of August- am really looking forward to (hopefully) making it.

g0dM@n said:
I saw a nasty accident on the way home... 1 car smashed into another, which got jammed UNDER A CAR COMPLETELY!!! The 1st car of the 3 was completely on top of the 2nd car's hood/windshield... never seen a car jammed under another THAT bad.

Anyways, thanks SO much for the awesome hospitality, Doug... you've no idea how much I appreciate it. :)

I'm still EXTREMELY upset about you stepping all over my bed. Next time I'm going to pretend I'm still sleeping and as you pass by I'm going to grab your ankle and drop you to the floor!!

You wouldn't IMAGINE!

My dad, he's losing sight slowly, and last lan, it was dark out when i left (around 6PM). Theres an 8-lane road near Doug's house (4 each way), a 4 way intersection as well. My dad turned into the FOURTH LANE (as in the traffic was coming HEAD ON)... luckily there wasn't anyone in our lane and my dad bolted it and jumped the curb into a nearby lot, went back with the flow of traffic, and u-turned the right way.

Good thing my brother was there to save us.

SolidxSnake said:
You wouldn't IMAGINE!

My dad, he's losing sight slowly, and last lan, it was dark out when i left (around 6PM). Theres an 8-lane road near Doug's house (4 each way), a 4 way intersection as well. My dad turned into the FOURTH LANE (as in the traffic was coming HEAD ON)... luckily there wasn't anyone in our lane and my dad bolted it and jumped the curb into a nearby lot, went back with the flow of traffic, and u-turned the right way.

Good thing my brother was there to save us.
Wow... head on is NO FUN!!! :rolleyes:

Well i'm glad all you guyz had fun. Sry i missed out :cry: . That's ok cuz hopefully I'll make Aug :clap: .

Somebody better show up with dem pix!

Last edited:
My foldable keyboard has been acting funny since the trip and I've already had one die before so I'm going to finally start getting used to my battleship-of-a-keyboard now.

Captain Slug said:
My foldable keyboard has been acting funny since the trip and I've already had one die before so I'm going to finally start getting used to my battleship-of-a-keyboard now.
You should buy that keyboard I was pointing at upstairs. I use it as my backup... I'm referring to the Microsofy Media Keyboard Pro. I got mine for $26.99 shipped from buy.com

Ok no picking on the Snoopy Pajamas, they completly pwn

next time I will bring the sponge bob PJ's

actually my PJ collection is second to none I would have had some of my more colorful ones but its been laundry day for about a week

Bal`thzar said:
Ok no picking on the Snoopy Pajamas, they completly pwn

next time I will bring the sponge bob PJ's

actually my PJ collection is second to none I would have had some of my more colorful ones but its been laundry day for about a week

I agree; those rocked man. I took one look and said to myself, "A man that can wear those in public is not afraid of anything!" :cool:

Don't let Slug get you down about it. He's just PO'ed cause he could not pay for his entire hair-cut, so they left him looking that way.

It was really good meeting you and I look forward to seeing you at the next one. :)

- Blackstar

i hope I meet as many of you as i can at the next lan

i hope nothing comes up to obstruct the day...

at lesat i got $80 on the day of the lan from my cousin at the party for a trade... which means WC!!

Back