• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duke Nukem Forever Engine Controversy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i don't know what's the debate about.. i have already said this many times before and i will repeat myself again ..

"what do you expect from a game which clearly states FOREVER in its title?" they are telling you the developement and release that right there and than .. :rolleyes: :D

Sentential said:
Yea so did HL2 :rolleyes:. Its a damn shame...why doesnt ID buy the rights to Duke Nukem? I know they'd do a damn good job
The attitude of Duke 3D was something that was unique and I wouldn't want to see it changed.

Sentential said:
Yea so did HL2 :rolleyes:. Its a damn shame...why doesnt ID buy the rights to Duke Nukem? I know they'd do a damn good job

Their game design has remained the same since Wolf3D. They still have monsters and guys jumping out of hidden places behind you and call it 'immersive gameplay'. If only John Carmack worked at a different company that actually made GOOD games. When he retires (could be after the next game), you can bet the average review of an id game won't be nearly as good as it was. They've gotten by on graphics for a long time now.

Sentential said:
You mean like Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2 using the Doom3 engine? :attn: (and yes they seriously are)

id isn't doing RtCW 2, some other company is, though I forget who. id is currently working on a brand new IP that will use an enhanced Doom3 engine.

Alacritan said:
Their game design has remained the same since Wolf3D. They still have monsters and guys jumping out of hidden places behind you and call it 'immersive gameplay'. If only John Carmack worked at a different company that actually made GOOD games. When he retires (could be after the next game), you can bet the average review of an id game won't be nearly as good as it was. They've gotten by on graphics for a long time now.

Romeo needs to go back to id.

Back