• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 600 stable at 1ghz on kt7(nonraid)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BK

Registered
it will boot at 1050 mhz but locks up when loading windows. i am currently using a regular chrome orb moddified to fit the kt7. i was wondering if a better cooler would increase my chances at a stable 1050 mhz.

i fixed my first post sorry for the misinformation

CFusion (Dec 18, 2000 05:46 p.m.):
1.5GHz?!?!? You gotta be bullshitting.

I wish I had your euthumsanim and hope's of 1.5 ghz but I will slowly try to climb to 1100mhz , I hope you get there, do you have a fire extinguisher next to your pc?

BK (Dec 18, 2000 07:35 p.m.):
it will boot at 1050 mhz but locks up when loading windows. i am currently using a regular chrome orb moddified to fit the kt7. i was wondering if a better cooler would increase my chances at a stable 1050 mhz.

precise answer is yes. 8)

Eriksson (Dec 18, 2000 09:24 p.m.):

get you a alpha pep66 , artic silver paste, and try the sandpaper , and I found a good way to get that old silicone heat paste off . Use a little rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. I am not sure if that is the right way but it worked fine for me.

get you a alpha pep66 , artic silver paste, and try the sandpaper , and I found a good way to get that old silicone heat paste off . Use a little rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. I am not sure if that is the right way but it worked fine for me.

ElectricMan (Dec 18, 2000 10:33 p.m.):

Well,... a better way to clear that paste is with a soft plastic pen cap. And I said SOFT PLASTIC!!! And also take good care!

Back