• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Burning issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moonpeach

Registered
Hi all

My dad has burnt a film onto DVD and it worked with no problems. HE tried to burn another film onto another DVD and he cant do it. keeps getting issues, ive tried it today and tried to solve it with no success. Im trying to burn a film onto a DVD for him and we keep getting errors such as the disk is not writable although its a DVD-RW , DVD-R, we've tried numerous different disks and cannot find a fix. We've tried DVD-RW-DVD-R and CD-R. We've tried burning via nero, windows basic/default burning wizard and WMP burning wizard and they all cannot burn it.

I've also gone into device manager and searched for updated on the DVD Drive and there are none. It is a "PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-202 SCSI CdRom Device" It is a DVD and bluray burner and is only roughly a year old so should be no issues with the CD drive at all.......

Thanks

"should be no issues" but clearly there are.

Can the disks that were burned be read?
there are different lasers for different tasks, and it's possible the writing laser has gone bad.
You could try another port on the board but it does sound like it is the drive itself that needs to be repaired or replaced.
Can it burn BD-R's?

also, if the system is oc'd sometimes, though rare, your comp overreacts and throws more at the burner than it can handle and you get the buffer overflows etc

also, if the system is oc'd sometimes, though rare, your comp overreacts and throws more at the burner than it can handle and you get the buffer overflows etc
There computer is not OC'd

"should be no issues" but clearly there are.

Can the disks that were burned be read?
there are different lasers for different tasks, and it's possible the writing laser has gone bad.
You could try another port on the board but it does sound like it is the drive itself that needs to be repaired or replaced.
Can it burn BD-R's?
I've never heard of a BD-R . Disks that go into the DVD drive are readable , i can put a disk it and it will read it no probs it the writing/burning thats a issue. There should be no issue with it as it's about a year old.

Back