• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK-Predator 240 Expanding the Loop Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revan654

I currently have a Case-Labs S8S with a top that can support upto 280.

1. With the 240 how many radiators can I add to the Predator?
2. By adding more radiators should I except a drop in temps? I have a 5960x still set default and MSI 980Ti.
3. I know if you don't expand theirs no need to drain the loop ever 6 and 12 months. If I expand the loop would I need to drain the loop?
4. should I add a Reservoir if your going to expand the loop?

- Thanks

Only one res needed per system. If you expand the loop you will be draining it anyway. And for a custom loop it's recommended to drain/fill every 6 months and do a 100% tear down/clean every year.

Temp drop. Double your raddage, expect Delta-T temps to drop by 1/2. DT is simply the difference between the ambient air temperature and the water temperature on the outgoing side of the radiator

You read this? In the stickies.

Only one res needed per system. If you expand the loop you will be draining it anyway. And for a custom loop it's recommended to drain/fill every 6 months and do a 100% tear down/clean every year.

Temp drop. Double your raddage, expect Delta-T temps to drop by 1/2. DT is simply the difference between the ambient air temperature and the water temperature on the outgoing side of the radiator

You read this? In the stickies.

The instruction for 240 book shows an res being added when you expand the loop.

I guess I'm wonder about draining since it's still in some form an AIO. Not sure if I needed to drain the loop or not.

I'm new to all this watercooling things, I'm still reading up on everything. My biggest concerns is temps and noise. Say your temp is 40C and if you double your rads should I expect 20C then? Sorry for amateur question still trying to understand all of this.

Oh it's an AIO. Yes you will need a res.

40 vs 20 C. Your DT will drop by half, not your CPU temps. Not the same as the CPU temp. It's really basic physics. Please read up on the stickies for a few days. Most successful water coolers spend a few weeks.

Back