• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Elite Dangerous

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks tech.

I found another useful site for you to use:
https://eddb.io/commodity

You pick a commodity and fill in the information to find the closest station in relation to the system you are currently in for the cheapest price. It can also show you where you can turn around and sell commodities in your cargo for the most profit.

Really beneficial for those outsourcing missions.

Yeah I have been using that myself for those missions. Great utility.

I just bought a DBX last night and outfitted it with dual fixed cannons and a fixed large beam laser. Grabbed some passenger cabins and going to try my hand at exploration/passenger missions. Can't quite afford my Vulture yet.

I found a great system for bounty hunting though - has a dock available right outside of 2 high RES zones that often have larger ships flying though and a heavy police force for back up. Easy way to rack up 100k+ bounties on pythons and anacondas I couldn't possibly take on alone.

..I found a great system for bounty hunting though - has a dock available right outside of 2 high RES zones that often have larger ships flying though and a heavy police force for back up. Easy way to rack up 100k+ bounties on pythons and anacondas I couldn't possibly take on alone.
Which system is that? I could use one like that.

You do realize though if you stick to PvE you would be alright with gimballed weapons. Fixed do more damage and have better accuracy, but you need precision aiming. NPCs rarely have chaff launchers so fixed weapons are better for PvP.

Last edited:
When the NPCs hit a certain level, they get very chaff-happy. No big deal if you stay close enough - you can still hit them with gimbals.

Made 25.1 million in 4 hours being JrClocker's Space Uber!

And, hit the Imperial rank of Baron! :thup:

I might try out The Clipper...but I'm pretty sure my Python is better...

JrClocker and TechWizard, what are your commander names in game? I'm CMDR BoundByBlood lol.

Tech, if you want to team up and go bounty hunting in a pack let me know.

Well JrClocker, I'm checking out Furbaide atm, but I really need to make some credits so if you want to team up and help out sometime I would really appreciate it. I have around 1.8 mil and I need to make quite a bit for an explorer / space uber ship.

I'll find some way of paying you back somehow for your help, mr. moneybags (JrClocker) :p.

If you're online in the game sometime and see you my name just add me to friends.

If you want to make some cash, here's what I did...

If you have 1.8 million in the bank, depending on what you are currently flying, you might have enough cash to get a Type-6 trade build like this:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_t...ds8f4--0404040404030340242f.AwRj4y1I.Aw1-kA==

6.3 million (or 15% less if you buy from a Li Yong-Rui system).

The 4A-rated FSD is a must. You can get Running with a 4C-rated FSD, but you will want to work up to 4A as quickly as you
Also, the 1.5 million Advanced Discovery Scanner is a must (it will pay for itself by the first leg!)

Here is my version of the online 71-stop rare trade loop. I added in "Gas Station" trade stops as much as possible...common materials are in ()...sell these at the next stop:

71-stop-1.jpg

71-stop-2.jpg

71-stop-3.jpg

71-stop-4.jpg

71-stop-5.jpg

The 96 T of cargo will be a bit light for some of the longer legs, but it's steady cash, and you get to see a lot of the galaxy.

You should net 10 Million in rare trading profits, and probably another 2 Million in bulk trading (as you are limited by cargo space).

You WILL get interdicted by pirates between stops (you are carrying a lot of tasty cargo). You can't fight in this ship. So, simply submit to the interdiction (set throttle to zero...minimal FSD reboot time), have your next system targeted ("0" on my keyboard), 4-pips to shields (for extra resistance) & 2-pips to engines, boost/dodge until you can high-wake to the next system.

After about 2 passes around this loop, you should be able to trade in the Type-6 to get a Type-7 like this:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_7_t...91903040404050504040345242f.AwRj4ytI.Aw18aQ==

This will more than double your bulk trading profit (208 cargo space.) Again, the 5A FSD and Advanced Discovery Scanner (for extra cash) are a must.

Run with this guy (about 2 more passes around the loop) until you can afford a "starter" Python like this:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/python/0phtnFflidmssf5-----03040404050505034a0302242f.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==

The good news is that you can "re-use" your 5A FSD, 4A Power Plant, 5D Thrusters, 4D Life Support, a few cargo racks, 4A Shield Generator, Advanced Discovery Scanner, Docking Computer, and Utility mounts from the Type-7...so it will actually cost you less.

The Python is a medium-sized hull (where the Type-7 is a large sized hull), and is very flexible. It's better than the Type-7 for trading...but allows you to get into some serious money-making opportunities.

When I got my Python, I left 40 T of cargo space and replaced the rest of the cargo racks with economy passenger cabins and headed over to:

Wu Guinagi--> Ziegel Dock

- This system has 3 stations (1 large ship dock, 2 medium ship docks)
- The adjacent system (Hip 10716 ~11 Ly) has 2 stations (1 planet base large ship dock, 1 medium ship dock)

Start accepting and running passenger and regular missions. Do the loop like this:

Wu Guinagi
---> Ziegel Dock (regular missions)
---> Camm Enterprise (passengers who want to get to Morgan Depot, regular missions)
---> Bode Hub (passengers who want to get to Morgan Depot, regular missions)

the order of the last 2 doesn't matter...I just go for the closest)

Hip 10716
---> Morgan Depot (planet...drop off the passengers, get regular missions)
---> van Royen Vision (passengers who want to get to Ziegel Dock, regular missions)

Back to Wu Guinagi

As you run missions, you will build up rep with the local factions. I can run this loop and make 5 to 8 million an hour (you sometimes get some nice bonus opportunities while in route). As above, you will get interdicted.

Also, once you get your local faction rep high enough, you will occasionally be offered some very nice "site seeing" or "VIP transit" passenger missions. For these, I have a nice Asp Explorer all ready to go (great jump range). I can stack up to 2 of these missions and sometimes pull in 15 million in 45 minutes or so.

Good luck!

My in game name is King Wizard - I was hunting in one of the High RES outside of Cook Terminal last night - took down 3 Anacondas, several Python's, and a bunch of Federal Gunships for over 2M in bounties.

I then proceeded to attack a Taipai or whatever it is and he ended up having a bunch of friends and they took me out in seconds! :( :( :(

I should be on for a few hours at night and will be on this weekend - then I've got PTO after Monday for two weeks so I'll be on hunting away.

I didn't! Hence the sad faces. I was roaming around with several Feds, but they apparently dispersed and it's my fault for not checking my radar better.

That's a bummer!

When I do serious bounty hunting, I usually need a smoke break after an hour or so...so I head to the nearest station, cash-in, re-fuel, and then go smoke.

It sucks when you lose a big chunk of change like that...AND have to pay for the insurance on your ship!

Yep it does suck! I don't smoke anymore otherwise I'm sure I would be the same. Now I am caught up in the game of "how much cash can I get in one haul".

Hehe - yeah - totally understand!

I tend to be more conservative now...especially when the rebuy insurance cost on my Python is in the 10-million range!

I'm about 50 million credits away from adding a trading Anaconda to my "fleet"! I'll call her "Tronda"!

Edit:
- It's been a LONG time since I have been addicted to a game like this!
- My wife says to me last night "at least I know you are not out drinking when you are flying your spaceship!" - hehe

Last edited:
Haha! Yeah I haven't been into a game like this in years - probably since I quit WoW back in 2010...

I will have to tell my Girlfriend that one so maybe she'll be more accepting that I play for hours on end :p

JrClocker, nope, I don't have enough for the Type-6 right now and I'm slowly working towards that goal. That trade loop info is nice and if you did that then I appreciate you putting all of it together, now I just need to work my way up to being able to do it.

Tech, I'll send you a friend request once I get back into game. I was checking out the nav beacon around Furbaide last night, but now I'm curious about this high RES zone outside of cook terminal. I didn't really see much when I flew around that area last night.

JrClocker - I could use a little clarification on that trade loop. You say common materials are in () and to sell these at the next stop, but every good you have listed as (with red text) next to it. I'm assuming the red text is the common materials which brings up the question of what is the recommended quantity of the commons to buy.

Last edited:
Tech, I'll send you a friend request once I get back into game. I was checking out the nav beacon around Furbaide last night, but now I'm curious about this high RES zone outside of cook terminal. I didn't really see much when I flew around that area last night.

Yeah, Nav beacons have slow spawn rates - at least I think so. There are two High RES zones in the rings of the planet (Furbaide 4 I think), usually one of them has a lot of Wanted higher end ships flying around. You just have to stick to the Fed's patrol route with them and you'll start racking up a ton of cash. Just don't do what I did and get lost from the group - a Federal Gunship took me out so fast with a point blank shotgun blast to the face with something that caused a damage over time debuff on me.

Back