• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ETA to Asus Rampage Formula Available from Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well it appears that Maximus formula isn't even an option anymore. Are they discontinued or just out of stock everywhere because people are getting tired of waiting on the rampage formula?:bang head

The day's ticking and all I see are more and more open-box asus boards on newegg. :bang head keep it together will you!

Well the 21st has come and gone and still no rampage formula. Asus need to drop these lackluster boards on the low end that have flooded the market. Again the release date has been pushed back and I am sure intel will release yet another chipset before it comes out. There is one promising note here: http://www.directron.com/rampageformula.html
But it's priced starting at $320:mad: That is quite disappointing considering you will be able to pick up a maximus extreme once the rampage comes out for about the same price assuming a $30 drop in the extreme. Also the maximus formula is currently going for about $60 less than the advertised $320 price, surely to go even lower once the Rampage comes out. They are virtually the same board with the exception of X48 chip and intel's graces for 1600 FSB. If the lower end rampage formula is brought in around $320 what does that mean for the Rampage extreme version? I'm afraid we're looking at a motherboard asking for a premium over $400.

Intel P45/G45 to launch in June has always been around mid summer for me , but there again if you live in the southern hemisphere

At the rate they keep putting off the X48 release, I wouldn't hold them to a summer release for P45. I think you're probably looking at a 2008 Q3 or Q4 release at best. No source, just my opinion given intel's marketing history. They hype this stuff up so much then release when no one really cares anymore. :confused:

No X48 mobos available in the US right now so far as I can tell. They always use EU as the test bed before US release. Why is that?

Hi Dan
After the delays with X48 you might be right . I'm a cynical olld git & have a feeling that the extended delay has been about ensuring there is a tangible performance gap with X38. perversely P45 is a quiet different chipset with new SB so may be on time. Though i@m not taking bets on this :)

They always use EU as the test bed before US release. Why is that?
Maybe they think we'll sort them out & be able to show you guys how it's done ?? ... Joking :D
From this side of the pond it usually seems the other way round :)

Just put this thread together X48 Which One or None - Poll Was struck by 2 things about X48
1) Originally it looked like being the ditching of DDR2 , there are currrently 7 ddr2/hybrid boards v 10 DDR3.
2) Never seen so many DFI boards up in the frame. Perhaps the delay in X48 has helped them.
That's only a current snapshot of known boards. If Asus do their usual trick they'll have another 10 x48 boards in a couple of weeks:)

luck:)

Last edited:
RAMPAGE HAS ARRIVED!!!

WOOT! The rampage is now in stock and selling on newegg. :beer:

For the lazy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131284

I told myself that $300 was my max for this mobo and Asus pulled it in at $299. Get yours before Newegg starts gouging people (cough E8400 cough cough.)

Even at $299 its questionable whether it will live up to it's name given the Maximus Extreme is a mere $50 more at this price. However, I have waited long enough and my other components are sitting dry because of my gigabyte RMA. I hope ASUS pulls out to be a winner for me!

Back