• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 7900 GTO for $250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fam Money

Registered
Stolen from CrazyHorse at SD.net

Seems they raised the price when they came back in stock at ZZF.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322835

Also available at Mwave for $250 + shipping.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA51470

CrazyHorse said:
Ok guys first of all the link to eVGA

This Card has
650mhz Core Clock like the GTX
24 pixel pipelines like the GTX
1320mhz memory unlike the GTX 1600

Since this is one of the special cards like teh X800 GTo2 or MSi 512mb Edition of the X1800 XL which turned all out to be downclocked cards or bios locked cards this one will be very similar.

Zipzoomfly has this 7900 GTO (while nobody else seems to have it) 512mb PCi Express with 7900 GTX Cooler on it for $250 Dollar. This card should blow a 7950 GT away for $50 bucks less. The 7950 GT's have a bit more memory mhz but less core.

However i think and soon i can be sure about that, this card uses the same memory then a 7900 GTX, it will be available in limited quantity and soon be sold out when the word spreads.

So i give you the choice of getting one of these bad boy NVidia Cards which i believe is a simple downclocked GTX for the price of $250 Dollar.

Here's a link showing it going up against an X1900XT 256 among others...
http://www.pcdiga.net/showthread.php?p=125367
Another FYI link:
http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&func=view&catid=10&id=39154

Last edited:
OMG ....

Iam not sure wether to say YEAH or DANM IT !

This cards going to make alot peeps happy and ALOT pis*ed off ! (for fairly recent card buyers) . Man , at that gpu clock speed and price point with 512mb's ; the v/card market for the 7900GS/7900gt/7950GT just went out the window .

Kinda seems like a replacement/revamped model to the past 7900GT KO SC .

Looks like a possible step-up program for me ( at that price point evga would owe me $$$ :p )

Last edited:
looks good for the price.

however, it loses out to the x1900XT 256/512 versions on a lot of tests from what ive seen. yet it pulls ahead in a few.

Well the MSRP is $300 (@ Evga) , so I'll probably do the step-up for $35 , (although the 7900GTO is not listed on the step-up as of yet ).

For $35 (+ship) , Its kind hard to pass up the higher clock and added 256mb ; specialy when my 7900GT KO (reload card) is a terrible oc'er (and I was going to do a volt mod this week too).

Gotta just do a little waiting it seems for Evga to get the cards instock . :-/

Last edited:
this card total plus tax and s/h is $280. im getting a 7900gtx for $340 total. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kiltz said:
this card total plus tax and s/h is $280. im getting a 7900gtx for $340 total. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
huh? it's $280, but it's $340? you mean you're buying a GTX from somewhere/one else for $340?

Taken from EVGA moderator post at Evga forums ....

(sorry no ATI's were listed at the time)

1) Here's the order in performance :
7950GX2
7900GTX
7900GTO
7950GT
7900GT 512MB
7900GT
7800GTX 512MB
7800GTX
7900GS
7800GT
7600GT
7600GS
7300GT
7300GS
7100GS

You know what, I ordered it from Mwave, for the price difference between this and the ATI, with the Nvidia running cooler and consuming less power, I'll take the performance hit if there is any (does well in FEAR and Oblivion, so it should do well in BF2/BF2142). Godman, if I ever win the lottery, I'll buy you the card of your choice bud. This is twice I owe ya. Thanks. Also thanks to Fam for the initial deal.

BTW .... these deals have both hit fatwallet earlier today .

So if your thinking of grabbing a 7900GTO .... probably best not to wait too long .

(and thx Fam for the heads up on the whole 7900GTO thing ;) )

All you guys with nVidia... do you guys prefer AA on or HDR on? I wanna go back to nVidia on one of my machines, but I'm not sure if I'd like to choose between the two instead of having them BOTH on. I like to have both AMD and INTEL (which I do), and both nVidia and ATI... just wanna have a relaly good nVidia card to replace my 6800ultra.

what are the chances the new DX 10 cards will be out before my trade in timer ends if I order the card now? 50/50?

Back