• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 7900 GTO for $250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its up at the egg for about 252 shipped w/out rebate. All but one of eVGAs mir at the egg ended on 9/30 so they might get a new batch of mir in soon as the egg usually has a lot of eVGA rebates.

edit: sorry forgot to add the link initially.

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I GOT MY CARD AND IT SAYS 7900GTX ON THE SIDES.

IT SAYS 7900GTO ON THE FRONT, BUT THE "GTO" IS JUST A STICKER. HAHA!

do you know where we can get the proper BIOS? I have two arriving tomorrow (should've been here today but they're sitting at the fedex sort facility until tomorrow) and I'll probably flash right away.

BossBorot said:
its up at the egg for about 252 shipped w/out rebate. All but one of eVGAs mir at the egg ended on 9/30 so they might get a new batch of mir in soon as the egg usually has a lot of eVGA rebates.

edit: sorry forgot to add the link initially.

Anyone know if the EVGA model is a "gtx" as well?

g0dM@n said:
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I GOT MY CARD AND IT SAYS 7900GTX ON THE SIDES.

IT SAYS 7900GTO ON THE FRONT, BUT THE "GTO" IS JUST A STICKER. HAHA!
Hmmmmmmm sounds like you're a bios flash away from having a GTX. I'll be checking in on this. Good luck with that.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
Anyone know if the EVGA model is a "gtx" as well?
Senater_Cache said:
hey godman, you bought yours at ZZF? eVGA or MSI?

Both of my cards are the eVGA model that I bought from ZZF.

All over the entire box, it says 7900GTX. Only the front of it has a "GTO" sticker covering what would be "GTX".

The WORST thing you can expect from this card is that it won't OC has much as a 7900GTX, but I've no doubts that it will kick major *** for $250!!!

Pretty much if you're going for a 512mb nVidia card, DO NOT buy the 7950GT... unless I don't know what I'm talking about and the 7950 OCs like whoa.

I've got two of these 7900GTOs... still debating on if I should SLI or just keep one. I didn't open either of them yet...

=)

g0dM@n said:
Both of my cards are the eVGA model that I bought from ZZF.

All over the entire box, it says 7900GTX. Only the front of it has a "GTO" sticker covering what would be "GTX".

The WORST thing you can expect from this card is that it won't OC has much as a 7900GTX, but I've no doubts that it will kick major *** for $250!!!

Pretty much if you're going for a 512mb nVidia card, DO NOT buy the 7950GT... unless I don't know what I'm talking about and the 7950 OCs like whoa.

I've got two of these 7900GTOs... still debating on if I should SLI or just keep one. I didn't open either of them yet...

=)

What speed ram is on the card ? GTX ram ?

WaTTz said:
What speed ram is on the card ? GTX ram ?
It's clocked down to 1320mhz GDDR3, which is the same speed as the 7900GT. The stock 7900GTX speed is 1600mhz.

Even still... a 7900GT's ram breaks 1600mhz easily...

I don't need this card @ all, but I think I may just crack her open and have some fun... just may not happen this week. We shall see...

Anyone else get this yet? Give some info if possible please... verifying if yours says 7900GTX also, and if you've OCed @ all.

g0dM@n said:
It's clocked down to 1320mhz GDDR3, which is the same speed as the 7900GT. The stock 7900GTX speed is 1600mhz.

Even still... a 7900GT's ram breaks 1600mhz easily...

I don't need this card @ all, but I think I may just crack her open and have some fun... just may not happen this week. We shall see...

Anyone else get this yet? Give some info if possible please... verifying if yours says 7900GTX also, and if you've OCed @ all.

Wait ... you dont need it at all ? LOL. So why did you buy it ? You gonna resell it or something ?

WaTTz said:
Wait ... you dont need it at all ? LOL. So why did you buy it ? You gonna resell it or something ?
Yes, my initial plan was to resell b/c I thought it was sell out in a flash... but since it's still on the market, and I will likely not make money, I may just keep it. :)

good idea with the reselling, but it looks like they are sort of popping up all over the place atm(EGG has them now too)

if you do open one for OCing, please do us a favor and take a pic of the ram chips.
So far people only have shots of the MSI version which is on 1.1n Samsung chips...an eVGA mod/rep is telling everyone that the eVGA is on 1.2n samsung chips...just looking for confirmation.

cheers

g0dM@n said:
Yes, my initial plan was to resell b/c I thought it was sell out in a flash... but since it's still on the market, and I will likely not make money, I may just keep it. :)

...also now available at ChiefValue and TD .

I do find it a little annoying that Evga still does not have at their site or in the step-up program yet . :rolleyes:

stereo555 said:
...also now available at ChiefValue and TD .

I do find it a little annoying that Evga still does not have at their site or in the step-up program yet . :rolleyes:

Well if NewEgg's got it, chiefvalue ALWAYS does too. :)
Senater_Cache said:
good idea with the reselling, but it looks like they are sort of popping up all over the place atm(EGG has them now too)

if you do open one for OCing, please do us a favor and take a pic of the ram chips.
So far people only have shots of the MSI version which is on 1.1n Samsung chips...an eVGA mod/rep is telling everyone that the eVGA is on 1.2n samsung chips...just looking for confirmation.

cheers
I'd love for it to be 1.1ns, but even 1.2ns memory should run the GTX spec.

g0dM@n said:
Well if NewEgg's got it, chiefvalue ALWAYS does too. :)
I'd love for it to be 1.1ns, but even 1.2ns memory should run the GTX spec.

It is 1.1ns according to xtremesystem's forums

got both of my GTOs today, clocked them to 700/825...didn't get too hot of a score (don't have my SLI bridge yet), but I did get 6200 on one card in 06 and about 11k on one card in 05..see below for my system specs...

I'm currently doing 3dmark03 nature loops with my card at 650/800 (stock GTX clocks) with NO issues @ all.

*EDIT*
FOR THOSE INTERESTED, AND IN CASE YOU MESS UP, I'VE ATTACHED THE STOCK EVGA 7900GTO BIOS.

Attachments

• 7900GTO.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back