• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 7900 GTO for $250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Senater_Cache said:
does the GTX bios enable tighter ram timings or more options? does it enable higher quality settings in certain games? in other words why risk the flash?
I have a feeling that there isn't that much difference in timings (if there are any)... simply b/c the fact that lower frequency is usually tighter timings. If 1320mhz bios that we have is supposedly tighter timings, then my card wouldn't have hit 1600mhz so easy, which it just did earlier tonight.

I have a strong feeling it's the same timings, or VERY close if not.

*EDIT*
Just did a NIBITOR side-by-side check between the 7900gto bios (650/1320) and a downloaded 7900gtx SC (Superclock) bios (690/880) and the TIMINGS ARE IDENTICAL!!!

Last edited:
can anyone veryify that the memory is 1.1n?

also, pray for me that they are still instock somewhere by friday when i get paid =P

otherwise i will cry:bang head :bang head haha

From the information I've been able to gather, these cards are 7900 GTX cards with Sammy ram. There was some issues with the sammy ram functioning at 1600MHz and therefore Nvidia has switched over to infineon ram for the 7900 GTX cards. To get rid of the stock Nvidia has dropped the guaranteed clocks down and rebranded the cards as GTO. The rams should be 1.1ns for all of these. Maybe later runs (if they continue selling this card) will have 1.2ns. This is an incredible deal for those not wanting to run the card with 1600Mhz memory 24/7.

I was able to game on the card and 3dmark at 1600mhz with no issues... must have been for people with crappy airflow in case and the memory couldn't handle it... who knows.

g0dM@n said:
I have a feeling that there isn't that much difference in timings (if there are any)... simply b/c the fact that lower frequency is usually tighter timings. If 1320mhz bios that we have is supposedly tighter timings, then my card wouldn't have hit 1600mhz so easy, which it just did earlier tonight.

I have a strong feeling it's the same timings, or VERY close if not.

*EDIT*
Just did a NIBITOR side-by-side check between the 7900gto bios (650/1320) and a downloaded 7900gtx SC (Superclock) bios (690/880) and the TIMINGS ARE IDENTICAL!!!

well well this is interesting news.
I may not even flash it as it will yield nothing except possible problems.

great news, great card, ridiculous deal.
man am I glad I waited and didnt opt for a GT earlier.
PS my ZZF order FINALLY shipped out (took 5 days processing ugh.)

I shall report back with pic of my eVGA

MadMan007 said:
Maybe there's a vGPU or vRam difference between the BIOSes? Something g@dman might be able to check :)
Already did the check last night... maybe I shoulda posted, but it's all the same voltages:

3D: 1.4V
Throttle: 1.4V
2D: 1.3V

I orderd mine this afternoon, but not before Newegg raised the price $14.. it was $245 before lunch and after it was $259.. Order is processed and should hopefully ship out tomorrow.. I cant wait, I'm stilll tanking along with my PCX5900 :bang head

Aalelan said:
I orderd mine this afternoon, but not before Newegg raised the price $14.. it was $245 before lunch and after it was $259.. Order is processed and should hopefully ship out tomorrow.. I cant wait, I'm stilll tanking along with my PCX5900 :bang head

ya i only had $257 in bank, so the egg pwned me.

Chad44 said:
Without flashing Bios??:drool: :drool:
You don't need to flash the bios... I just like it saying 7900GTX in windows.

you can just OC it manually with ease...

nikeair said:
Definitely, I'm currently running 700/825 :beer:
Rock on!

I noticed with Rivatuner that I couldn't OC the memory that much, but the core can OC quite a bit! I did 700mhz GPU also with lots of 3dmark03 nature loops.

Anyone remember how to turn off the overclock TEST button for Rivatuner? I used to know how to do it in the POWER USER tab, but I forgot. Thx.

Back