• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 7900 GTO for $250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok a little bad news and added info for anyone looking/thinking of doing the step-up program to a 7900GTO ... its NOT going to happen !

I emailed Evga about this and got a relpy today .... and they (Jacob) said the 7900GTO will NOT be added to the step-up program . :mad:

stereo555 said:
Ok a little bad news and added info for anyone looking/thinking of doing the step-up program to a 7900GTO ... its NOT going to happen !

I emailed Evga about this and got a relpy today .... and they (Jacob) said the 7900GTO will NOT be added to the step-up program . :mad:
Most likely b/c they don't want them anymore... :D

stereo555 said:

Sorry if I'm a little out of touch, but what is the step-up program?
-C

Thanks Stereo, I had not realized they were offering this deal. Glad I got the card when I did (last week), a few months back it would have been a different card, and sad mistake.

g0dM@n or whoever... I'm using Coolbits 2.0 to overclock my 7900GTO (awsome card, so glad i got it now) but it only lets me take it up to 800Mhz with the slider.. I have it clocked to stock gtx now 650/800 but I wanted to see if the memeory would go higher.. Should I be using a differnt tool? or is there a tick to it?

Thanks guys!!!

Yeh i cant go higher than 800 in coolbits ethier... What program are you useing

Rivatuner is the way to go. :)

Just google "rivatuner download" and you'll find it... think the most current is 1.6 or something.

Thanks!! Thats what I used to use at one point in time but found coolbits just easier for what I wanted to do.. I'll find the new version of it.. Running at 685/800 right now and it still has headroom..

EDIT: Full Load temps are right around 53c When should I start to worry?

Aalelan said:
Thanks!! Thats what I used to use at one point in time but found coolbits just easier for what I wanted to do.. I'll find the new version of it.. Running at 685/800 right now and it still has headroom..

EDIT: Full Load temps are right around 53c When should I start to worry?
I know with ATI cards, even 70C is nothing to worry about... but I know that nVidia has the smaller die, so I'm only going to guess that 60C should be your max... they can handle lots more, but I would see what others have to say.

S_Wilson said:

Precisely. :)

ChiefValue will have it for $239.99 tomorrow only, so if people can hold out till then, you can save a few bucks :D

natewildes said:
ChiefValue will have it for $239.99 tomorrow only, so if people can hold out till then, you can save a few bucks :D
how do you know? =/

*edited for date change*

Same Chiefvalue email here ... price $239.99 FRIDAY 10/13/06

Last edited:
Back