• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB vs MSI Radeon HD 7970 Lightning 3GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Id check the MFG website to confirm the status of the DVI ports. ;)

Whats funny is, you are $50 or less away from a 680. And now $50 MORE than a 670. If you goal is to save money, grab a reference clocked 670 (or 7970). If not, step up and grab the 680 and be done with it. Its really not this hard. :p

I was looking at the HIS as well just some of the reviews, albeit a month old already, scared me off.

I have already stated I dont understand why you are buying pre overclocked cards... when you are trying to save money... that card is $40 away from a 680...

My question to you is does it have DL DVIx support?

Meh maybe you're right. But as long as I stay under $1200 I am saving money. Its just a matter of how much I am saving. This btw would keep me under $1200 but if you think I should go with something cheaper I will keep looking. Maybe I'll just go with the 670 FTW though I am not a fan of reference coolers.

It does ftr.

OK I just want something that has a good cooler and is under $500. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
OK done being so picky. I'll just go with the 670 FTW unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Just to let you know the FTW cards do not have a reference cooler, it is still a blower style though which I myself prefer.

That is what I was told on the EVGA forums, it does look similar but EVGA tweaked it a bit. Wait.... sorry was thinking about the 680 FTW. The 670 FTW does use a reference cooler, it's just the 680 reference cooler.

Going with the gigabyte Wind force 7970 OC. Thanks for the suggestion. Seems like just what I was looking for and well within my budget.

Is the card I want to get compatible with it? I heard sometimes there are compatibility issues.

Wait can afterburner be used with non msi cards?

Last edited:
I do just want to apologize for being so picky. lol However I really think I have found my card in EarthDog's suggestion. I have read some very good reviews about it and seen some good OC's from it. So hopefully I can get it in the next few months.

Back