• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explanations of DFI NF3-250GB Bios settings/Ramtimings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Clevor -

I personally would like to say thanks for all your input. I have a habit of doing my own testing regardless of websites and forums, but its gentlemen like you who make me lazy, lol so stop it. j/k
Your wording and grammarical (if thats even a word) skills are great and i appreciate you speaking in plain ol engrish ;) instead of some of the more technical terminology i have seen people speak, or rather type.

I just got my TCCD OCZ Plat Rev 2 today, PC3200 btw. and am benching and testing.

out of the box i just booted into windows to see if its ok,, and it is. odd that the DFI bios, im using the real DFI beta bios, sets the timings to 2-3-2-5 1T instead of 2-2-2-5. nothing big but something to make note of. Also running 2.8v. everything else in the DFI bios for mem timings is AUTO
I have rebooted and took a baby step and went to 210 HTT rebooted 2.1ghz memtest is ok. and ran sandra and 3dmark 05.

- Sandra memory benchmark yielded an absolutely horrbile 3000+ points.
(not sure what "on par" should be but scores that low make me want to smash my system.
- 3dmark 05 - 575X
(sorry didnt write it down, but that is impressive, to me, for only running 2.1ghz)

memtest is almost finished its second round at 220mhz 2-3-2-5 with no errors. I was getting massive errors at 2-2-2-5 so had to drop a little.
I'll bench and report back.

Test System -

A64 SKT 754 3200+ Clawhammer CG
DFI Lanparty UT 250GB w/ DFI Beta Bios (god i love memtest built into the bios)
1 gig dual channel kit of OCZ PC3200 EL Plat Rev 2 - TCCD
BFG 6800 GT OC - 450/1150 Nvidia 75.90 drivers
XP Pro SP2 and XP 64bit (i will test 64bit after Pro)
I also have Suse 9.2 64bit installed so i will post some impressions of that also, does anyone know of a linux 64bit mem benchmark program ?

btw i got my SmartJoy FRAG today so all you xbox LIVE Controller Communists gard your grill.

I also dont have 3dmark 2000, only 01 03 and 05 and Aquamark if anyone is willing to share the free version of 2000 with me ill do some testing. but 3dmark 2003 and 2001 were suppose to be memory and cpu intensive also werent they ?

Last edited:
V_LESTAT said:
. but 3dmark 2003 and 2001 were suppose to be memory and cpu intensive also werent they ?

2001 is very CPU/mem intensive whereas 03 only the first test with the planes is really CPU dependant, it's more GPU dependant like 05 is.

230mhz wont run 2-3-2-5 bah so i jumped right up to 2.5-3-3-8 250mhz
ill see how far i can go after that but i have a fealing not far.

memtest fine.
Sandra - 3720
ok im congused why on earth are my sandra benches so horrible,, is it the mem, the mobo the cpu ?
the ram i had prior to this was OCZ PC4000 EL Gold Rev 2 and i got the same benches.

I know cas latency plays a huge part but i have been told by people here and other places that my sandra scores are way off, and for the life of me i cant go higher.
Even with the pc4000 i was never able to break 4000 on sandra.
how big of a part does the LDP or LTP or what ever your board calls it play in this.
this DFI is very odd. At stock fsb and even higher i cant boot or have issues with 2x where as all my other 3 A64 baords love 2x. this DFI hates it, infact i can run just fine at 250mhz 4x its like the LTP is backwards....
what should i be running with on this DFI, cuz frankly these memory benchies are confusing me to the point of insanity.
that initial score of 2-2-2-5 200mhz 3000 points about made me faint. i couldnt believe it was that low.

These are what settings I run at 10x270HTT 1:1 with the same ram you have.. Im running 1.55+110% vcore... 1.7v Chipset.. 1.6vagp.. 2.9vdimm.. LDTx2.5.

Now your cpu may not do 2700mhz.. but maybe this can help you get into the ballpark.. with this setup I get 4,200 in sandra..

Dram Frequency Set(Mhz)= 200(Mhz)(1/01)

Command Per Clock(CPC)= Enable(1T),

Cas Latency Control(tCL)= 2.5

RAS# to CAS# delay(tRCD)= 4

Min RAS# active timing(tRAS)=8

Row Precharge timing(tRP)= 3

Row Cycle Time(tRC)= 7 ( If not stable try 8 or 9 )

Row Refresh cyc time(tRFC)= 14

Row to Row Delay(tRRD)=00 ( If not stable try 1 or 2 )

Write Recovery Time(tWR)= 2

Write to read Delay(tWTR)= 1

Read to Write delay(tRTW)=2

Refresh Period(tREF)=4708

Write CAS# Latency(tWCL)= 1

Interveaving = DISABLE !! ( Only in bios 1/22, you can try on but my ram hates it !! )

DQS skew Contro= Increase Skew

DQS Skew Value= 255

DRAM Drive Strength= Level 2

Max Asynce lantency=7ns ( If not stable try 8ns )

Read Preamble time=5ns

Idle Cycle Limit= 064

Dynamic Counter= Enable

R/W Queue Bypass=8x

Bypass Max= 07x

32 byte Granulation=Disable(8burst)

ratio or not the cpu maxes out at 2.55 and i never go there, i always jsut stop at 2.5ghz which from everything i have read is on par for the CG clawhammers my vcore is always at 1.55 and never needs to go any higher, infact it dont matter, i hAve went up to 1.7v and it makes no difference.

what bugs me is that i cant find anyone who has a similar set up to compare with.

With the PC4000 i would run either 1 of to configs.
1:1 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8 10X Multi
or
9:10 320mhz 2.5-4-4-10 - with a 7x multiplier.
now what strikes me is that when you do the math,, 320mhz @ 9/10 turns out to be FAR FAR higher of a setting than i ever did 1:1 , 1:1 that pc4000 would peak at around 260 before getting errors. But after doing the math with the 9/10 ratio i believe it came out to be like 275mhz true bus speed.

now given that, no matter what timings GHZ MHZ or whatever i can not break 4000 sandra points.
and i cant figure out why. i know its only single channel but is that seriously about where i should be ?
If you look at the Sandra database my scores are just a very very small margin over an Nforce3 150 chipset, running STOCK PC3200 and even 1:1 or 9:10 i cant get anywhere close to what it technically should be.

i am on my 2nd pc so i can see your timings and ill give it a try and report back.
but so far gentlemen, im absolutely not happy one little bit with this TCCD i have gained absolutely nothing. maybe a slight increase cuz of the 2-2-2-5 but benchmarks games ,,, its all the same as if i was running PC4000 @ PC3200 2.5-3-3-8

here are just a few stable settings i had with the pc4000
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=7159
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=6868 <-- i figured id be kickin but with this one,, but yet again it sucked. and benchmarks like 3dmark actually lost well over 1000 points because of it.

*EDIT*
Using your timings you gave me i was only able to get 3805 points, an increase of less than 75 points. i dont believe 75 points,, i call 75 points because i rebooted my machine,, thats all. ill have to read the dfi timings post to go more indepth,, i just dont know what setting isTRULY going to be the kicker for finding why my bandwidth is so low.

Last edited:
what a bunk kit of ram

nothing over 250mhz is stable.. im sure i could do, 260 but whats the point the cpu max's at 2.5 and if i drop the multi then im still not hitting the max cpu.

275 -2.5-3-3-8 massive memtest errors
270 - 3-4-4-10 - VERY random, meaning reboot run it again and the errors are in different locations and different tests..

so im stuck with 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8 or right now 220 2-3-2-5 ive not went past 2.9v despite reading several posts by some OCZ reps in another forum from several months ago who said there were several TCCD kit rev that went out that love high voltages.
but i fear burning the old TCCD if i go higher then 2.9

whats strange is this is VERY VERY VERY similar to the same way that my OCZ PC4000 ran.... anything over 250mhz no matter what multiplier,, if i ran 1:1 the ram failed and cause severe reboots or bluescreens.
Linux is even locking so i know its either the chip,, or the mobo.. cuz no friggin way both of those sets of ram are crap....
but then again,,, i doubt its the mobo cuz ive used 3 of my 4 amd mobo's and they all do the same thing..

man i need some bloody morphine so i can just forget all this b.s.

this just angers me beyond belief.

Hey V, how high TCCD does on the DFI board may depend on the mem controller of the CPU. Lots of guys cannot get much above 252-255 regardless of ram.

I KNOW my PQI TCCD can do 270, 2.5-3-3-6 on S939, but it maxes at 251 on the DFI board with a 0410SPMW 3400+ I have (CO). Thousands of #5 errors if I try above that. At 270 the errors don't even stop. I tried all dimm slots and combinations.

I'm not sure it isn't a board issue, as with the same CPU and ram I did 271 on the Abit NF8, also a S754 board :shrug:.

I'm thinking that with a real good late DTR with good mem controller, TCCD will run 'normal'.

The DFI board does real good HTT though. My two COs do 359 and 345. I check SuperPI 1M and 3DMark2001. The latter only did 294 on the NF8. Unfortunately, big HTT don't equate to performance; it just gives more divider options to hit the sweet spot of your CPU/ram.

hello, I am asking for piece of advices. I got Clawhammer 3200 L2 1mb rev C0, that ram:1GB of that OCZ's ram probably on Bh-6 chips and DFI Lanparty Ut. How to squeeze max OC using this components, what's the best timings for ram, how to arrange the processor???

today I was trying OC, thats my results:

Vcore: 1.475 + 110%
RAM: 3,2V
AGP: 1,6V
CHIP: 1,8V

FSB:242
multi:x10
HTT -x4

Command Per Clock(CPC)= Enable(1T), my CPU got rev c0 so that option is turn off

Cas Latency Control(tCL)= 2

RAS# to CAS# delay(tRCD)= 3

Min RAS# active timing(tRAS)=10

Row Cycle Time(tRC)= auto

Row Refresh cyc time(tRFC)= auto

Row to Row Delay(also called Ras to Ras delay)(tRRD)=00

Write Recovery Time(tWR)= 2

Write to read Delay(tWTR)= 1

Read to Write delay(tRTW)=1

Refresh Period(tREF)=3120

Write CAS# Latency(tWCL)= 1

DQS skew Contro= Increase Skew

DQS Skew Value= 48

DRAM Drive Strength= Level 2

Max Asynce lantency=7ns

Read Preamble time=5ns

Idle Cycle Limit= 016

Dynamic Counter= Enable

R/W Queue Bypass=16x

Bypass Max= 07x

32 byte Granulation=Disable(8burst)

and thats max, when I will arrange 245mhz and high I'll see that infromation: Detecting Array...

Plz help me !!! How to force it to high performance?

SCREEN: HERE

Last edited:
Great thread. I'm still messing with the settings but so far I'm running at these settings at 10X250 HTT with 3.2 volts.

Command Per Clock(CPC)= Disable(2T),

Cas Latency Control(tCL)= 2

RAS# to CAS# delay(tRCD)= 3

Min RAS# active timing(tRAS)= 10

Row Cycle Time(tRC)= 8

Row Refresh cyc time(tRFC)= 15

Row to Row Delay(tRRD)= 3

Write Recovery Time(tWR)= 3

Write to read Delay(tWTR)= 2

Read to Write delay(tRTW)= 2

Refresh Period(tREF)= 1560

Write CAS# Latency(tWCL)= AUTO

Interveaving = AUTO

DQS skew Contro= AUTO

DQS Skew Value= AUTO

DRAM Drive Strength= Level 1

Max Asynce lantency= 7ns

Read Preamble time= AUTO

Idle Cycle Limit= AUTO

Dynamic Counter= AUTO

R/W Queue Bypass= AUTO

Bypass Max= AUTO

32 byte Granulation= AUTO

Thanks for all the great info. So far memtest ran without errors for two hours, but I still need to do more tweaking.

kuzak said:
Dear Jess

Can you post?
about settings for TCCD .....please....:eh?:

(Samsung TCCD 512M x2 =1G )

thx a lot!! :)

-

list your system specs.. and I could give you some timings to try..

THunDA said:
list your system specs.. and I could give you some timings to try..

Thank you very much.....(cry)

-------------------------------------------
MB: DFI Lanparty 250Gb UT
CPU: S754 Turion64 330 x 8 =2640MHz
FAN: SLK948
RAM: G.Skill 2x 512MB=1G ( Samsung TCCD 431)
HD: 2x 80g Hitachi Raid 0 + OS WinXP SP2 (Connect to SATA 3 & SATA 4 Port)
VGA: ATI 9550
------------------------------------------

I want to 512M x2 to 300MHz 1T (DDR600)

In fact...
512 x1 ====> RAM Set 180(Mhz)(9/10) = DDR594 OK

but...
512 x2 ====> RAM Set 150(Mhz)(3/04) = DDR495 Only... >.<

Help.... :bang head

-

Have you FULLY tested the cpu at " S754 Turion64 330 x 8 =2640MHz".. with the ram on a divider to make 100% sure the cpu is good for that .. ?

Jess is probably on the DFI NF4 by now.

Man, is anybody still on the MSI Neo2 Plat? I bet 99% of the guys have gone to the DFI board by now.

Man, I thought this is a sticky thread but it's not. Got to make this a sticky thread.

I'm waiting on my A64 "True Mobile" to come, which is this Saturday, I hope. I'm going to try out all the settings and suggestions. I'm so eager to put this A64 rig together.

FSBxtreme said:
Man, I thought this is a sticky thread but it's not. Got to make this a sticky thread.

I'm waiting on my A64 "True Mobile" to come, which is this Saturday, I hope. I'm going to try out all the settings and suggestions. I'm so eager to put this A64 rig together.

whats up buddy :)

i put two of these boards together already for my dads buddies, everything stock except for pushing the cpu/fsb to 215-220 depening on board. i'm still tweaking the nf7-s v2. i'm on my 3rd dfi nf3 right now and also have a 4th to build(hopefully be my own :) :)

lets keep this thread going, believe it or not, these boards are easier to oc than my nf7 which i'm still working on(getting ready to do v-mods).

i just setup up this 3 nf3 and loaded all the utilities and drivers from the setup cd. how far are you along on yours? i have a partition for xp prof 32bit and one for 64bit(not installed yet).

i still dont know how to use drive cleaner pro so your help is greatly appreciated.

i have a little more time to tweak this 3rd dfi and hopefully apply it all the the 4th and my own board. read gautams threads too, he's got all kinds of info.

lets keep this thread alive.

Back