• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

False Advertizing or true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Havent bothered looking at the site because they make so many errors - in the past they have had XP2400 Palominos so this latest error doesnt surprise me. (No a 384K L2 cache doesnt exist)

I think what they where trying to say was L2 cache if you take the L1 cache which is 128kb L1 and the 384kb L2 cache you get the 512kb cache total that is in a Barton CPU. The Athlon XP's had a 256kb L1 and a 64 kb L2 ... so it may not be a typo...

Edit I wasn't thinking the Athlon XP's had a 256kb L2 and a 64kb L1 which gave it 320kb total cache The barton has a 64kb L1 cache and a 512kb L2 cache I wasn't thinking when I posted, Sorry It has to be a typo.. I just remember when someone posted about a Ad talking about 320kb of cache and someone said their was no such thing but it said it was total cache not L2 cache that was stated in the ad thought it may be the same situation in this instance.. My bad..

Last edited:
L1 cache = 128
L2 cach2 = 256
total cache = 384.

That is what they are talking about.

But that still has to be a typeo because the Barton chips have 128K of level one cache and 512K of level two cache.

Bartons have the same L1 cache which is 64kb as the XP's have the only thing added was more L2 cache I was not thinking when I stated the L1 and L2 backwards..

Bluprint of a Barton DIE and the L1 cache is the instuction cache which is 64kb..

I see what the statement says it says that the L1 is split into two seperate caches that totals 128kb it is actually 2x64kb

OC Detective said:
Havent bothered looking at the site because they make so many errors - in the past they have had XP2400 Palominos so this latest error doesnt surprise me. (No a 384K L2 cache doesnt exist)

I once saw 2600+ thunderbirds

no.no. that was just a joke. dont go into cardiac arrest.

I am not surprised either. they have many errors

Back