• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan (possibly case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duckslayer

Hey guys, I am going to get a new cooler for my CPU along with some RAM and possibly a case.

I'm looking at the hyper 212+ and I'm uncertain it will fit my case (7.5 in, probably about 7in space inside). I guess I should just list some of the parts eh?

Parts

Motherboard:Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
RAM: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 8GB
GPU: GTX 560ti
CPU: Phenom II x4 965 (not sure if BE)

Can anyone recommend me a cooler and/or case? Probably got a tight budget so value for money is best.

Last edited:
What case do you have currently?

Also, your CPU and GPU are swapped.

^No idea what make. It's a mid tower and lol at the gpu/cpu thing >.<

EDIT: Dimensions are 177.8 x 406.4 x 431.8 mm (7.5 x 16.5 x 17in)

Last edited:
I know you said budget is tight, can you give us a budget for cooler and case? And where would you be buying from?

Preferably amazon. I guess £30/$45 for the cooler and about £50/$75 for the case. The Hyper 212+ was about £30 on amazon for reference, the evo seems to be cheaper at 26 though.

The EVO is the better cooler.

For a case, 50-75 euros should be pretty easy, I would go to Newegg, sort by features you like, and see what's left. Then go buy it on Amazon :p

What dimensions would I need the case to have to fit an EVO? Ty for helping btw :>

On the EVO specifications, it tells you what height it is. Most good cases will give you a CPU Cooler clearance spec.

Your not going to find a much better case then this for the money and it will fit the largest of Air coolers.

Back