• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I love my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Rev 2. Chock full of features, a great overclocker with the Trats mod BIOS.

Now if only room temps weren't 35C over here at the moment. I'm expecting room temps to hit over 40C before summer is over.

I had to drop my 2500+ back to 2.2GHz due to heat issues..... Just couldn't cool the 2V Vcore on air......

Last edited:
i absolutely love waking up every morning and hearing my nf7-s crank up when i press the power button. it's by far the best motherboard i've had the pleasure of using.

asus..i have been using those mobos for some time now and was satisfied. but i just got a msi neo plat (its an alright board i guess)

Abit all the way. best voltage regulation i've seen out of all the top manufacturers. (Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS, and DFI)

Could we restart this poll its like 3-4 years old now, and add some of the new MB manufacturers? like DFI

Close call between Asus and Abit here. Chose Abit cause i use it the most currently but i wouldn't mind getting an Asus in the future.

First and Foremost I agree that we should close this post and start a new poll. I for one would love to see how much it has changed, especially with some new choices like DFI. :thup:

Chose Abit cause that is what I have had for alomost ever. Just upgraded my wifes computer and got the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and so far I love it, need to upgrade her memory to fully test the overclocking capabilites though. My only problem with abit is now that they have endorsed that teenage kid and released thier "Fatality" line they have upped thier prices. Thier newest board yet to come Fatality AN8-Ultra is est. to start at $219, where as the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe is already out and priced at $239. IMO, Abit is making a mistake. Pending the overclocking outcome of my wifes computer, I will probably go with Asus.

Abit NF7-S
AMD AthlonXP 1700+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
WD Raptor 32.6GB 10,000rpm
Koolance PC2 Water Cooled Case

uzibear said:
there are way to many stickies around here. someone delete this

Talk about out of date info hanging around for eternity. How many DFI users are on this forum and it is not even listed in this poll. The point of this still being a sticky is ????

Seems like ABIT and ASUS are solid mobo buys, the DFI I have now is nice, but it seemed like it was holding me back earlier, because of some voltage problems. This dfi has been my first mobo, and overall its done really well.

Back