• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
funny looking at this poll from 2001... its weird not seeing DFI up there, or even some others, such as Soltek or Chaintech
shows you how much times have changed

Abit here too :D

I've owned - ECS - Epox - Asus - And a fair few more
over the years but i have to say my NF7S V2.0 it the
overall winner, Not just because it's one of the top
performing nforce boards or because it's one of the
latest ones out but because i've not ever had a problem
with it since i bought it. I even had a NF7S V2.0 last your
too and never had a problem with that one too, I only sold
it a few months ago because i was upgrading my hole computer
and thought id get a new motherboard aswel as everything else :D

Gigabyte are fine for me, i have a dually running on one and also picked up a nice board for £35, never had a problem...

Cant comment on any of the other boards unfortunatly ...

Abit, I've only ever had 2 problematic motherboards from them. Since I live a whole 10 mintues from their north america office, I just show up at their doorstep with the dead mobo, fill out an rma form, and i'm gone with a replacement in less than 15 minutes.

Other than that, their motherboards are definitely quality.

I guess I'll have to put my mouth where my money is and go with Supermicro. Now why aren't they on the list?

Not the best overclocking, but the features are there if you look. The P3TDDE has fsb adjustments scaled all the way up to 200mhz, though there are no voltage options in bios, so you'll need to do some pinmodding to get it past 140 fsb. And contrary to popular belief, these boards are FAST when tweaked. Memory bandwidth for the P6DGU board w/440GX chipset & generic PC133 SDRAM is about 800mb/s (tested in Sandra w/multithreading).

The two other boards I've used are the Asus P3V4X and Tyan Trinity S1592S. Both are rock stable boards that have been in constant use for years. The former saw basically 24/7 service for the past 3 years without a single issue. I guess I'm lucky to have never received a deader.

Last edited:
I've had 2 ASUS MBs - never had problems with them. Now I have A Gigabyte GA-7VAX and it gives me problem after problem, and the latest one was - 2 of its capacitors are leaking.. Because of that, my system overheats and restarts all the time.. Someone here mentioned that leaking capacitors is a common problem with all MBs.. dunno. I blame Gigabyte.

Oh, it also has a weird fan led, that looks like you can plug a fan in it, but it's not. Instead - it is supposed to be plugged in the power suply to get more power for its fan or something - instead of plugging a fan in it.. It's in the manual. Deep in the manual too. :sn:

Abit, has to be my choice as ive had not a single problem with any of the Abit boards i have owned.

I just decided spur of the moment kinda thing, ;) to get myself a new
motherboard to play with, so i will update when i've had a few hours of
reality with my new, DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra B, Tomorrow, :cool:.

Last edited:
Back