• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
eobard said:

I do. I would have to say Anus's greatest weakness is their tech support. Fortunately their greatest strength is their strong production, which usually doesn't require the need for their tech support.

I guess tech support doesn't include driver and bios updates that asus brings out all the time? You must be kidding.

Ive worked with about 9 of the boards on the list. For the most part as long as it isnt DOA they'll serve their purpose. I am somewhat partial to Iwill though. I've built quite a few of them, and I hold a special place for them being the first manufacturer to have onboard SCSI back in the day of the P55-TV. Was a great server board in the affordable range. I've never had a DOA Iwill board... which is more than I can say for the others.

I have MSI and Asus thought they both are very stable. I also heard from others that Giga-byte also a good brand too.
I just got to go with Asus.

Ive had Asus , Abit and MSI.

My vote is firmly with Abit. I would like to try out Epox and gigabyte but i dont think id go for Asus or MSI if Abit is an option..... love these boards.

I personally love soyo.....Went through 2 diff asus's...a7n8x 3diff times...and a a7v333...althought the 333 was prob my fault for running stock hs on it....but all 3 of the a7n8x's have been doa..no luck rma'ing....no idea what language they are speaking..
probably that pesky nforce2 chip.....so far me an about 6 other guys have all had an nforce 2 chip board.. and only one is still using it...everyone else is back to via...plus I find the ocing of the soyo fairly straight forward( it tells you exactly how in the manual)
IMO

The mouse wants your soul!!!!

I've had ASUS, ABIT, MSI, ECS - ABIT blows em all away!!! and as for the tech support...my AT7-MAX2 died....i sent it in @ christmas ...got replacement 2 weeks later...so take what u will from that.

Asus is the consistent leader in performance, features and reliability, but they're considerably more expensive than other manufacturers. My vote goes to Shuttle for producing very solid boards with the latest features, and doing it for less than the competition.

Back