• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Folder View Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DON'T DO THAT!!! You scared the cr@p out of my with this:
WAIT WAIT WAIT I'm looking around now and finding some issues with Crucial m4's
I thought you meant the drive was toast! xD I'll probably just use parted magic, but why is it so important to erase it not just format it? Does it have to do with how SSDs delete information?

Thanks,
Dark Shade

Sorry about scaring you, lol, no not toast, I was finding that the OCZ software wouldn't work properly and there were quite a few people that were experiencing operator error and locking the drive (which is fixable). Yes, it has to do with how SSD's delete information. A secure erase will keep the drive performing at it's optimum performance. With the issues you're having I want you to start from a clean slate with a perfect clean install.

EDIT: From what I got out of it, they were using the old OCZ toolbox instead of the new Linux bootable disk. It's my understanding that Secure Erase is a universal tool but I'm just not 100% because of the strange issues found on Marvell SSD's, yours being one of the ones that worked as it should.

Last edited:
Here's a link to an article I found re: secure erase issues which includes your drive. They were getting errors using HDD Erase in this case and it states Crucial isn't expected to release their own utilities but you can do the same thing with Parted Magic.

Alrighty, I tried to use the OCZ thing and it failed, saying that my drive is not compatible. So I downloaded parted magic and it worked wonderfully. It erased my whole SSD in exactly 20 seconds xD I then proceeded to re-install Win 7, and all is functioning now! As a plus-side, I even got it all re-installed in time for the upcoming Borderlands 2 release! Thank you very much for all the help!

Dark Shade

Fantastic :) I'm glad you're back up and running. Thanks for the update about OCZ's disk not being compatible, good to know for future reference. Enjoy :thup:

Back