• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Purus server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Random thought: solder isn't very hard, is it? Am thinking it might be easier to drill those holes out... obviously have to be ultra-careful not to damage the pcb in the process.

It would be possible but you have to be extra careful and use a stand mounted drill and a very thin drill and you have to put something solid under it.
It would be still better to desolder those, but since these boards are made with wave soldering and it is an alloy which melts in rather hot temperatures.
Fortunately, there is a solution you just have to add some faster-melting solder and it should be working. or some flux but you have to buy it if you don't have it.

The 2 really interesting ones I can't find anymore, they are Russians.. and he lights up the slot from below with a LAMP.. then pulls out the broken slot and inserts a new one...

In another video... h places tinfoil inside the slot.. places it above the holes, heats it up with a heatgun and the slot just sinks into place

Do you guys figure out how to turn of the auto shutdown of high ambient (47C) on this PURUS board? I've just got this board and it keep shutdown itself because of high ambient temp

Do you guys figure out how to turn of the auto shutdown of high ambient (47C) on this PURUS board? I've just got this board and it keep shutdown itself because of high ambient temp

I figured it out. In case of someone encounter this issue, here is the command:
Code:
ipmitool -I lanplus -H YOURIP -U admin -P admin raw 0x04 0x28 0x48 0x80

This is not persistence. You need to re-run it if you unplug power from the mobo

Good info. How do you tell if you had a shutdown due to high ambient? Wonder where the sensor is...

On my system, I had no problems running it stock in the included enclosure, but had random shutdowns under load once I transplanted it elsewhere unless I took half the ram out. Still need to get to the bottom of that.

You can check your SEL. I found that if you have ambient temp event asserted in your SEL, the system will shutdown itself automatically after 4s of it every time.

Please, help! I try to start this Foxconn Purus board with E5-2690, RAM 4G 1033 in A1, no HDD, with usual PSU 24+8+8. Green leds are on, when switch power on - they changed. But there is no video at all. It looks like processor doesn't start well, its stay cold. Don't mind what to check.
Does this board support E5-2690 and E5-4650L?
May be, some management cable or panel is needed?

5 minutes. It was black screen, no "American megatrens".
It isn't enough?

All changes are in the 5 green leds chain. When PSU is on, power off - 1st led green. Power on - 1st led off, 2-3d leds green. When press power off for 10-15 sec - leds return back: 2-3d off, 1st led green.

5 minutes is more than long enough. Not sure what to suggest at this point, other than moving things around and see if that helps.

How can I check, that MB support E5-2690 CPU?
Or I need find E5-2609 / E5-2650 CPU and check with them?

Hi all guys, I have bought and waiting the arrival of the purus dual core lga 2011 foxconn motherboard, the 020118b00-600-g . For mackerel or for who have this motherboard or similar, it has 5 pins fan headers, please do you know if PWM is in this fan headers? Will PWM work if I put my 2 cpu coolers? And most of all, do you know if the PWM (if present) is based on ambient or CPU temperature? Cause the seller told me that you can't set fans or see PVM on bios. Please can you light this? Please let me know, thanks in advance.

I can't fully answer the question. It has been a long time since I looked at the server, as once I got it working how I like, I forget about it. I'm using CoolerMaster Hyper 212 on my CPUs, and the system does control the fan speed somehow.

I can't fully answer the question. It has been a long time since I looked at the server, as once I got it working how I like, I forget about it. I'm using CoolerMaster Hyper 212 on my CPUs, and the system does control the fan speed somehow.

I see, thank you for your answer. Do you think that PWM is functioning so? My concern is the fact that if PWM is ambient mode, and ambient temp is ok, but cpu temp is high, it can go really high if in full cpus load without the cooler going to adjust it as it is set to ambient..do you remember if you tested cpus temperature with some software?

My system has a pair of E5-2650's. I only recall that I can run Prime95 like loads on it without any concerns about CPU temperature.

I'm using mine with the original PSU still. I'd guess anything with two CPU power connectors should be fine, depending on the CPU. The Xeons I have are 95W TDP so I don't think it would be a challenge to power them, but if you have more powerful CPUs make sure you scale accordingly.

Back