• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Purus server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see, I have taken a good evga psu with 2x 8 pin plugs to be sure. Please have you solved the heat problems of the first page of this thread? I want to put this motherboard on a normal atx chassis, do you think I need to use chassis fans to be sure and where is better to put them? I'm worried about the ram and the low area where there are that 2 passive heatsink, have you put fans there in your rig project?

sorry to dig up this old post but i just got that board do you know if it will post on 1 cpu as the spare psu i have now only has a 8 and 4 pin cpu and it posts to nothing and i can get in the the web ui for the ilo thing but it says the power state is set to off and i cant set it to on it has 2 cpus in it and 16gb ram tell me if im missing anything i have a 4 to 8 pin adapter coming and a proper dual 8 pin psu so its only temp the current psu i have spare

claudiovox - I have a single large fan over the middle of the mobo area which blows on the area below the CPU sockets. Don't know if it is essential or not. I had previously also ran a fan over the ram area but don't currently. Thermal imaging suggested the ram was only in ball park 50C anyway.

Totalkiller4 - no idea. Try swapping socket is my guess, on assumption one is "master" and has to be populated. I don't know if this is the case. Also make sure ram is on the same socket as CPU.

i have both cpu sockets full 4 8gb dimms all in the right slots and i have 8 pin power in cpu 1 and only 4 pin power in the 8 pin for cpu 2 and i have 24 pin in i get nothing on the vga out just black screen i plugged a fan in to make sure i had life and yeah it spins i can log in to the web panel for it but i cant change its power state im guessing i need 8 pin power in cpu 2 thats why im not getting any video out ?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

also if you could show me the front panel layout that would be grate as right now im booting it via the on board power button but if i new what pin was the power it would be very helpful

Ram on the unusued socket would go nowhere. Keep it on the filled socket only.

I'll see if I remember to get a photo of the connections later.

i have 2 e5 2609 so both sockets have a cpu in them and i have 2 dims per cpu thats the setup so fully populated board but i dont think i have enough power as iv got a 8 pin and a 4 pin cpu on my psu its a 500w from super micro im giving cpu 1 8pin power and cpu 2 4 pin even tho the plug on the board is 8 pin is that why im not getting any vga sig from the mobo ? as its black and i can log in with admin admin and i go to power state and its set to off not on and when i apply power on nothing changes ? please help as im at a loss ? :(

Thank you Mackerel, I think I will do the same, plus I want to put 2 fans on the right side...all if mobo functions, as it is arrived with a bent pin on CPU0, vga/comm/sfp ports bended and a little bent on the upper left side! F***... anyway for Totalkiller4:

s-l1600.jpg

It should be right

@Totalkiller4 Ok, I misread your previous post that made it sound like you were only using one CPU. Don't know what more to suggest other than your thought of trying one CPU only if you haven't already tried that. Do you know for sure the components are all good?

i know the psu is good and i can get in to the web ui via the management connection i have no idea on ram and cpus bought as good so im taking the sellers word on that so im guessing my prob is that im only using 8 and 4 pin not dual 8 so ill have to wait for my new psu to come and see if that works i could try 1 cpu in just sold 1/0 and see what happens i have no idea if this board can boot single cpu as im getting some green leds on the mobo and fan spin when i hit the power button and i can see the web ui so that makes me think the system boots ? but i get nothing in my vga display

i know the psu is good and i can get in to the web ui via the management connection i have no idea on ram and cpus bought as good so im taking the sellers word on that so im guessing my prob is that im only using 8 and 4 pin not dual 8 so ill have to wait for my new psu to come and see if that works i could try 1 cpu in just sold 1/0 and see what happens i have no idea if this board can boot single cpu as im getting some green leds on the mobo and fan spin when i hit the power button and i can see the web ui so that makes me think the system boots ? but i get nothing in my vga display

Let me know if the diagram function.

Guys have you got a lot of quick beeps on startup? I can’t define how much they are, they seems 5 or 6, and the last one has a different tone, more acute. Do you know what does it means? I have corrected 2 (ex) bent pins, could that be the problem?

Did you had it when it was on server chadsis closed? Could it be something like open case signal? Anyway how many beeps do you have, similar to mine?

I don't remember that far back, but I don't remember noticing any change either. Never counted, and they're pretty fast.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere about compatibility about those adapters. Don't know where to start looking for the reference but I think it was link speed related, like the port only supported gigabit so the adapter would have to also. Again, not sure about this, but maybe there's something on earlier pages about it as I'm sure I went over this too.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere about compatibility about those adapters. Don't know where to start looking for the reference but I think it was link speed related, like the port only supported gigabit so the adapter would have to also. Again, not sure about this, but maybe there's something on earlier pages about it as I'm sure I went over this too.

Ok thanks

Guys I have bought the 10gtek adapter but when I put in with the rj45 cavle for internet it doesn’t connect, there is an “X” on the connection, what can I check or do? What have you done to let it functions? Don’t know what to do

I forgot, with the adapter is it possible to connect it directly to the modem or do you need somethinglike a switch?

Guys maybe I can see where is the problem, on the 82599 advanced properties it seems the speed stuck at 1gbps full duplex, and with this setup also with other 2 pc it doesn't recognize the cable inserted, it has to be at 100mbps. Do you know what can I do to solve? Can you select 100mbps speed or stuck to 1 gbps you too?

Back