• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Purus server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is the thing I think I heard about before, that it only supports gigabit and not slower. A bit of a pain but a cheap gigabit switch isn't expensive.

Just a quick sharing.
I've been running a system with this server motherboard with dual 2670 transplanted to Phanteks Enthoo Pro for about half year 24/7 for homelab usage.
The only problem of this board is no PWM fan control so you need to get an additional fan controller if you want a silent system.
Also, you need to mess around with IPMI to avoid auto shutdown due to high ambient temp but you can simply make a startup script in your OS which uses the ipmitool utility to fix the problem.
It is dead stable once you get it work

Guys my pc won’t turn on, it has green leds on but suddenly it turned off seeing a video on youtube and won’t turn on agaun. I’ve tried to take out all ram sticks, I have tested the psu, I have take off all usb and vga and sound card but nothing, it won’t turn on. The fans doesn’t spin and it doesn’t do beeps, like you don’t press the on button. I’ve tried both the pc and motherboard boot up buttons. Any idea? Please can you send me a picture of your pins position?

Management interface ip?

I found the ip adress of the management port, and sticking it in a web browser gives me a login screen. It seems it is powered by Avocent MergePoint Embedded Management Software. A search for default login hasn't bought success yet, but I see there may be a way to reset it via the serial port so I'll be looking for a serial cable later! I'm gonna give my ears a rest for a bit and see if I can change the fans next.

I have bought two of theese used but the ip is not automatically assinged.

Is it possible to set that ip in the bios?

How to reset the bios or is there a default ip to the management interface?

Back