• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fresh Win 7 Install, now have mouse issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Ill cut right to it.

My machine got infected and i ended up having to format my boot drive to clear it. I has Windows 7 -64 bit installed before. I reinstalled it, but now windows seems to be having issues.

The main ones are..

1. Sometimes programs (So far, Steam, Teamspeak and others) will not register left clicks, but other programs will. They will register Right clicks, and even mouse wheel spins. I've had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and that seems to jar it loose, then then later, it happens to a different program.

2. Starting programs seems to be much more 'laggy' and it was on my previous build. I dont know what has changed to slow down the load times, but its very annoying.

Ive run scans many times and they all come up clean, so i dont think what ever i was infected with has stuck around at all, but something is up. I did run some tweaks for using my SSD as my boot drive, but it felt like i was having the program lag before i touched that.

Anyone have any ideas why it would work fine on an old install, then **** up on a fresh install?

i had same almost the same problem long ago
i used Boot time Scan of QuickHeal Antivirus that fixed my problem
maybe you should give it a try

it you Decide to give it a try then please copy you importent data from your windows Drive (Desktop,My Docs etc) Brcause its boot time Scan runs with no exception, it could delete System Files so be ready for a Windows reinstall(just in case)

i had same almost the same problem long ago
i used Boot time Scan of QuickHeal Antivirus that fixed my problem
maybe you should give it a try

it you Decide to give it a try then please copy you importent data from your windows Drive (Desktop,My Docs etc) Brcause its boot time Scan runs with no exception, it could delete System Files so be ready for a Windows reinstall(just in case)

All of my data sits on my mechanical drive anyway, so not a big deal. I may try this, thanks.

Back