• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would insulate the pot more, my thought process is that any cold that goes into making frost is cold that wasn't spent on the CPU.
How much of a difference in temps/runtimes will it make? Probably not much.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Temps at the base didn't seem different more than a degree or two. To be honest, I probably won't run without a sleeve at least below the hold-down again. It looks cool and made for a nice pic, but when the avalanche comes, not so good whether you're sealed or not. There could always be a pinhole in the LET lurking somewhere.

Edit: Now that I think about it though, I don't think I had as much DIce left over this time, for pretty close to the same amount of time benching the same benchmarks.

Last edited:
I insulate the full pot (top and bottom) you can't see any of the pot at all and I get almost zero frost apart from on the top of the insulation at the mouth of the pot, I have run it without insulation, and like yours it frosts up pretty bad and causes no end of mini heart attacks as the frost falls all over the board and you flap trying to mop it up before it shorts something out :eek:

From the OCN party, where MikeCDM and I had a Radeon 4890 showdown in 3dMark2001...

I didn't insulate the new pots (Fusion 3.1 and Raptor 3), just ran them bare. Rig ran for about 8 hours until it was 4AM and I had to break down and start packing up:

beginning.jpg

This is the progression after a few hours:

middle.jpg

And this is what it looked like by the time I was done:

end.jpg

end2.jpg

And look at this jack ***! I was about 3K behind his 3dmark2001 score, even though my CPU clocks matched and my GPU clocks were stronger... But he had a tweak I didn't, so I let him run my rig, and he beat the score in his rig by 1K, and my previous best score by 4K. This is the happiest day of MikeCDM's life... Later this night he also took the 4x PCMark05 world record, but he said it wasn't nearly as good as it was beating me in 3dm2001:

*******.jpg

Fun time. :)

Last edited:
I love the smile on the face! :rofl:

He had the biggest **** eating grin, he was in his glory. :) He and I have had a pretty serious unspoken rivalry on hwbot, so it was good to meet him and be face to face. I learned though, that being in the same room, it really made me want to hit him.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Guys!!! I filled it cause I was tired of reaching over every cople of minutes. I net about 20 minutes on that full pot! :D

I gotta give a shout out for the LN2 pot I got from a real good friend and pal PCJunkie from C2CMods or Coast 2 coast mods. It's been a great LN2 pot and I'm more than happy to run it whenever given the chance.

here's a couple more for the hay of it!

Attachments

• DSC07008.JPG
    DSC07008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC07009.JPG
    DSC07009.JPG
    488.7 KB · Views: 433
Back