• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kneadable eraser around the edges of the ram and the outside of the slots by the clips. will generally work fairly well then just warm them up after the run and make sure they are dry before you try to run them again.

They thing is that if you keep the ram below zero (with direct dry ice or via the surrounding temperatures), then you don't even have to worry about it.

I have seen some very snug neoprene gaskets cut for ram, but that's directed more towards sub zero with the ram. :shrug:

yeah some people do that to, I've had a hard time finding that thickness of insulation though. I am not sure how well it works on alot of the newer chips due to the proximity changes in how close cpu socket and memory are.

Mmmmmm frosty!!!

I had literally just enough LN2 to get my runs in. :thup: After a disappointing Haswell session yesterday, this was some chicken soup for my benchmarking soul.

Chance, you ever get your tongue stuck on one of the white metal pieces?

yeah some people do that to, I've had a hard time finding that thickness of insulation though. I am not sure how well it works on alot of the newer chips due to the proximity changes in how close cpu socket and memory are.

Armaflex tape insulation, without the tape removed, can work pretty well for this.

Nice pics chance. :)

I also noticed some nice scores from My Chance

Nice pics IMOG! What are you using to put an artificial heat load on that pot? Is it adjustable?

I've got a heatloader that xsuperbgx made for me. It is not adjustable, and just plugs into the outlet (white cord in the background). I haven't read how much power it draws yet, as I can't find where my kill-a-watt went.

It is awesome for testing this stuff. I expected the testing to be difficult, but its harder than I expected - I don't think I would have been able to get results I was satisfied with if it weren't for this tester. I have had to redo a number of tests already, and I have a few more to redo yet... But if I was trying to do this on an actual rig I think it would be a real nightmare.

Nothing works quite like a homemade pot. :attn:
I use it with DICE - Just imagine how much LN2 you could pour into it....

Attachments

• 807472.jpg
    807472.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 552
Hello all,a pic from a not to long ago session
DSCN8827.jpg

Nice pics guys. I would really like to get a pot for ram. Sadly, time for testing and tweaking ram is hard to get. As is any time for benching in general, lately.

Nice pics guys. I would really like to get a pot for ram. Sadly, time for testing and tweaking ram is hard to get. As is any time for benching in general, lately.

Same. :( Between work and getting a motorcycle, I'm finding myself really short on benching time (and money).

Hi,have a few more cold memory benching pics,as you can see I really like benching cold memory.The KingPin ney Pro pot is a great all round pot,you can leave the heatsinks on your memory with this pot or take them off when chasing colder temps :)

Z87 OCF-Kingpin Ney Pro
DSCN8972.jpg

Z87 OC Formula EK Memory Pot
DSCN8877.jpg

Z77 Gigabyte UP5Th-KingPins old style memory pot
DSCN5530.jpg

Z77 Gigabyte UD3H KingPin old style memory pot
IMG_0407.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like that Z87 OCF? That was the board I had for my short stint with Haswell. I loved the board. I just wish I had gotten a better 4770k (or had enough time to bin them). It's hard to find a chip worth selling my 3770k over. 6.7 max chip is pretty damn nice to have on hand. No CB, and a -140 CBB (I'm convinced it's the board). I can't complain much. :D

Back