• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB jumpers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minduka

Registered
Hi

Im trying to change the FSB of my board from 100Mhz to 133Mhz. The problem is that I don't have the manual and I havn't been able to find the model, sisoftware sandra just says its Via VT82C692BX Model : 693-596-W977, but there was nothing on google. Anyways, Is there a "special" way to identify the FSB jumpers? I found a driagram showing the settings to change the FSB, but not the acualt jumpers. Also can you tell me how to change them? Thanks

thanks, i found them. wow...this text on the board is so small it took a long time to figure it out.. everything is so cramped up.. thanks

it can change the FSB setting to 133mhz, but the computer won't boot even if i just put the pc133 at 133mhz. Whats the problem? right now im runnig it at FSB 124mhz and ram at 100mhz

yes, almost positive...according to sisoftware sandra:

Maximum FSB Speed / Max Memory Speed : 1x 133MHz / 1x 133MHz

sometimes at FSB 124Mhz, the internal modem (ADSL card) doesn't seem to work right, until i lower it.

Ok, I dont deal with Pentiums(if indeed that is one, dont recongnize that one). You may have to go over to the Intel CPU forums to find what the max FSB is for that CPU. Sorry I couldnt help ya.

minduka said:
right now im runnig it at FSB 124mhz and ram at 100mhz

How are you doing this? Sounds like your running the RAM to fast. Is your RAM PC100 or PC133? What type originally came in your motherboard?

originally it came with pc100, but right now im running at FSB 112mhz and 100mhz ram. I have had no problems at all.

The specs for the PIII-700 (Coppermine) I have seen are:
FSB = 100 MHz
Multiplier = 7

That could explain why you can't run it higher. There may a seperate setting to run the FSB at 100 and the RAM at 133.

Some boards will clock above their standard rates but may not be stable. I have one board that has normal clock rates of 66 and 100MHz but can go higher. It warns that going higher is not stable because the PCI and AGP busses will run higher than normal speeds. Maybe your PCI and/or AGP busses are going outside of spec. Some people have gotton around this by figuring out how to get higher multipliers. That way they can get higher frequencies at the standard 100MHz clock rate.

i think its the PCI/AGP lock, because the only time it doesn't boot is at FSB 133Mhz. Do you know how I can change the multiplier? Thanks

You can either alter the multiplier in the Bios or on the board via Jumpers, all entirely dependent on which board you have...

Its an Intel so the Multiplier will be locked...They started locking them way back in 98. I know cuz i wanted to up the multiplier on a 400mhz PII and it wont have it :( If there is a way to unlock it i would love to know(but i'm doubting it...)

Back