• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Furby hacking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I received my victim today. It's chirping uncontrolable on top of a dilapidated PII system that I've been working on. I really wish it would shut up. I think I'm going to skin it in a day or two and have a closeup look at what exactally needs to be done. Ahh. It fell asleep... with it's eyes open! These things are a bit creepy.

Alice said:
I received my victim today. It's chirping uncontrolable on top of a dilapidated PII system that I've been working on. I really wish it would shut up. I think I'm going to skin it in a day or two and have a closeup look at what exactally needs to be done. Ahh. It fell asleep... with it's eyes open! These things are a bit creepy.

Hahaha I always found them creepy. I was asleep once and I wake to hear a furby in my room and was talking @ like 12 midnight! Appearently my little sister left her ferby in my room. Man I was so scared until I realized what the heck was makeing that odd noise, lol. I ended up finidng it and putting it down the hallway, lol.

The damn thing will not shut up! When it finally does, it's like it goes into some sort of trance in which only turning the ****er upside-down can bring it out of it. Then it says, "Okay, done!" I suppose this is what is referred to as sleep. I think I'll skin the little runt tonight.

hehe. I may actully buy one of thease. ( a furbi ) and i am a dude lol ( but i am learning robotics with a freind of mine we started a compony for GPS systems and automating Tractors and semi rigs goverment vechiles ( is it ok for an old guy to own one ) ? for modding Purpus?

BroncoBob said:
OMG! Andrew 'Dice' Furby! LOL!
What the hell are you talking about?

DerekDRP said:
hehe. I may actully buy one of thease. ( a furbi ) and i am a dude lol ( but i am learning robotics with a freind of mine we started a compony for GPS systems and automating Tractors and semi rigs goverment vechiles ( is it ok for an old guy to own one ) ? for modding Purpus?
Yeah, I say get one. If you're lucky, the speaker will be dead before you even turn the little ******* on.

So yeah, I skinned the furby. It looks really pathetic. I'll stop by the store this weekend and get the stuff I need to desolder/solder the boards. Maybe I'll pick up the resistors and wire while I'm out.

Good luck guys.

You could make an evil furby and them sell the rights to it to an entertainment firm.
You like GadgetShop they all all sorts of weird crap. They might as well have an evil, bald, foul mouthed, sex crazed furby for sale.

hey alice i may get a doner furby for my modding plesure. ( just dont call csi on me lolz) but is there a tty device port that allows serial comuca's between furby and other pics? and ic's?

I have a few Neopets, and was thinking about doing something similar to one (in addition to changing the eye-LED color). Those things have preset responses (probably same as furbies)...quite a bit smaller though. Probably all I'd be able to accomplish is recording new responses; it doesn't seem like a motion-sensing mod would be possible as what's onboard is simply a pressure switch on the underside. Having it start up when someone enters the room would be fun though :)

I've got a Gizmo (from Gremlins) Furby and I was sick of the damned thing 5 minutes after it was turned on. If you have any luck with this, let me know because I'd probably like to make Gizmo wicked evil.

To the dudes that said they taught Furby to say naughty things....Not possible stock, it's only preprogrammed to do certain things at certain times. IE: stick your finger in it's mouth and it'll say "yum yum", "burp", or "all full" clap your hands 3 times and it'll dance or cover its' eyes and then uncover them and it'll say "peekaboo" so as far as making it say "You suck, go F--- yourself" it won't do that without being completely reprogrammed, which I think was Alice's intent.

To do what it is you want you'll need to get the Furby "Upgrade Kit"

It's perty much a whole new mainboard for the furby (CPU, ROM, etc.).

Look around for one. I have no idea if anyone sells them still.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I can see it now... "Hello, I'm Furby, and you are a peace of ****!" :clap:

Last edited:
*bump*
i have a furby sitting here.. skinned n all..
have you had any luck getting the code and ideas, etc. yet, alice?
(I'm a complete n00b, basically wanting to copy your idea ) :p

Here are some pictures from my adventure with furbys.

Attachments

• Furby 1.jpg
    Furby 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 450
  • Furby 2.jpg
    Furby 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Furby 3.jpg
    Furby 3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 475
  • Furby 4.jpg
    Furby 4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 440
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i swear these furby's are out to get me. my brother put one in my room and it was off.. i made sure of it.. and its eyes were closed. i turned around and was fixing my contact lense in the mirror and i saq its eyes were open again! i didnt pay attention to it.. so when i finished i tunred around and its eyes were closed again.. i felt aquard and watched walking out of my bedroom.. true story.

Wrong! This thread seems to be alive and well. The guy at appspec.net never started selling the upgrade kits again as far as I can tell. If anyone wants to lend me an eeprom burner, then maybe this will work out. All hope is not lost with appspec, but it doesn't look too good.

Back