• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 4100 Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drew_91

Registered
I'm currently running a FX 4100 black edition and can safely run a 4.5 OC and stress test it will Prime95 successfully but only when the voltage is 1.55v. this seems way to high but when i try to lower the voltage down then run Prime95 it freezes my computer. i have tryed running a lower clock but the voltage is still way to high. Disabling "cool n' quite mode" in the bios seems to make this problem even worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated as im pretty new to overclocking and dont want to cause damage to my system

1. 1.55Vcore is AMD's stated limit for cpu voltage.

2. You heed to download HWMonitor Freeware version and when running Prime 95 in blend mode have HWMonitor open at desktop logging the high and low voltages and temps. Especially the CPU CORE TEMPS to make sure the CPU CORE temps are not exceeding 55c to 58c. CPU CORE temps in that range should be okay and your processor just needs a lot of voltage to run stable as many people are now finding is the situation.

Yeah I've ran HWMonitor while running Prime95 and temps seem fine. so 1.55v at 4.5GHz is fine? I had a problem with my core speeds dropping from 4.5 to 1.4 so I disabled "cool n' quite mode" which solved the speed drop, but I could then only get a stable speed of 4.2GHz at 1.55v. so 1.55v is safe? Could it be a software problem? because my computer does not actually crash when running Prime95, it just freezes

so 1.55v is safe? = I would not run mine that high, but it is what most say is the limit set forth by AMD. Let me say that another way. I would n0t run mine at 1.55Vcore for more than just benching but not for day in and day out use.

You are falling into that 'growing' group of FX owners that are finding gettting high cpu speeds is only done with high Vcore and high temps.

I'm happy with the temps and these will only improve when I get my new case. but I am unhappy with how high the voltage is as i thought i should easily be able to get a 4.5GHz clock with no more than 1.45v. The core speed should not be dropping when i run Prime95 though should it?

Last edited:
Turn off all green stuff settings in bios and set Win 7 to performance mode should stop most of the throttle speed dropping under load. However temps may go up since the cpu is not dropping speed in response to load.

Back