• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX6300 Overclocking: Help a noob out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't. Just finished FarCry 3 and am now venturing into Bioshock Infinite.

just disable 2 cores and give it a go then, disable 2 more and give it a go.
some games can use all 6 core well and others can't.
Idleing the other cores lets up clock up the active cores more.

Me too!

Ello all, just registered and been researching this issue for a while, glad to see the thread and it almost helped a lot.
Looking where to post my system as a sig I know I saw a link in the threads but of course can't find it now.
Anyhow following the advice given here....
I managed to get 4.41ghz nice and cool, tested it through AMD overdrive, then when the setting looked comfortable and the system stayed cool, did the changes in BIOS. Was doing very well and a benchmark of 10748 I was pleased with that as well.
But I lost my wifi! Couldn't connect at all. waited a couple hours and tried again, got out the laptop and tried it and it connected instantly, so (and this is the issue) I undid the OC, put it all back to stock, wifi popped right back on. thinking its a voltage issue, but really hard to make that into good sense.
Anyhow I am adding a screenie of the cpu-z that I got, and some other info while I search for how to add it to the signature...

AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A78L-MLX Plus Mobo, (yea I know its crap but it was an offer I couldn't refuse)
700 Watt power supply
Cooler Master Hyper 212
8gb G.Skill PC3-12800 RAM

captureoc1.png

captureoc2.png

I am new to this generation of overclocking, I tried once before on a AMD chip, but to be honest don't remember much about it, and these are way easier to overclock then that athlon XP was. Suggestions?

hmmm images not displaying...
Anyhow the basics of the cpu-z pic is
Core Voltage 1.356
Core Speed 4407.39
Multiplier 21.5
Bus Speed 205
DRAM Freq 820
NB Freq 2050

Last edited:
DAKz, you should start your own thread. The title of your thread would be Asus M5A78L-MLX Plus overclocked > WiFi dongle disappears.

Last edited:
Yep thanks, think I got it, kinda, I turned it back up to 4.3 (changed the cpu ratio to 21) left the rest the same and it seems sorted. However its not the NIC card its the wifi dongle. re-installed the drivers for that still didn't want to work. I can start a new thread, the reason I posted here was the same processor and kinda the same target I am looking to get a 4.5 to 4.6 useable out of mine. But if you think its a new topic then I will post it.
Thanks

I editted my post #55 to show the better title of your new thread since it is not the same discussion that the starter of this thread has had.
RGone...

Back