• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) OC Report

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LiveSideways said:
I have this kit Link and it's good for 270 all day long at 2.6v

Isnt that what this thread is about? hehe :santa:
I am commenting because it seems that almost everyone reporting results in my thread so far have displayed at least a 270 mhz OC which is outstanding considering the fact that we are not just dealing with another 1 out of 10 chance at a decent overclock. These sticks are proving to be generally good OC'ers right from the manufacturer. :cool:
Dom

Last edited:
Man I cannot get these buggers to do 250mhz, even with my cpu multi at 8x and my ldt multi at 2x they only go up to 225mhz =(

Any quick tips? I'm sure everyones sleeping atm and i'm tired as well... may mess with this tomorrow.

11c load... using a super cold air conditioner in place of fans lol

edit: i think the problem may be PCI bus going out of spec, but i hear there's an alternative way to lock it?

It moves up with clockgen, and i get a bsod at around 230mhz.

Won't boot windows at 230 either, barely gets into windows at 225

Most people here including myself are using 939 mobo instead of 754. I'm not sure how well these will overclock. See if you could up the power on the mobo and see what you get.

Yeah I'm gonna blame it on the socket type, I bumped RAM up to 2.9v and still no go... =( kinda sad but I'm really enjoying the benefit of having 2gb for BF2, completely smooth gameplay now and no crashes, at the very least i junked this crap valueram i had.

Just a follow up -- I got it to run 270MHZ easily after loosening timings, setting drive strength to weak and max async latency to 9 w/ read preamble at 6

Seinken said:
Just a follow up -- I got it to run 270MHZ easily after loosening timings, setting drive strength to weak and max async latency to 9 w/ read preamble at 6
I hope you dropped the voltage as well....... UCCC memory doesn't require a lot of voltage.

Hello

I just got my G.Skill 2GB PC-4000 set today. Have done some testing on my PC.
My PC is not up to date like you guys, but my ABit AI7 took them fine. I am not running the ultimate AMD 64, but a rather "older" P4 2.4C.
I was not sure they would work. Sure enough, The PC started and I got the PC as high as 275Mhz 1:1 on A-A-A-D-D. Could not get the memory to run turbo.
My scores are not that high. PC Mark04 Score: 4554.
My set of mushkin PC-3200 512MB set at 2-3-3-5 280Mhz 5:4 PC Mark Score: 4625

Thanks

Daniel

picked up a pair since they were on sale at the moment...its time to go 2gigs now that my x1900xtx and raptor drive are coming :D

seems cool to the touch to me at 2.7v, then again i have my rad fans above the sticks.

I put a fan on them after I felt it. I had Memtest errors at those settings before the fan, then afterwards no errors. Hehe, the only fan I had was a Vantec Tornado, now my wife asks why the computer is so loud :)

just picked up a set for 130 bucks...like them so far :) Only have them at 224 because my 17X stuck multilier is limiting me

EvilAerosolCan said:
I put a fan on them after I felt it. I had Memtest errors at those settings before the fan, then afterwards no errors. Hehe, the only fan I had was a Vantec Tornado, now my wife asks why the computer is so loud :)

LOLOLOL :rolleyes:

-Eric (fellow Vantec Tornado user)

Back