• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) OC Report

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Darn all you people ordering these things....now the price is up to $180 shipped!

on Newegg it keeps raising $5 every day!

Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

jivetrky said:
Darn all you people ordering these things....now the price is up to $180 shipped!

on Newegg it keeps raising $5 every day!

Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

*sigh* was waiting until finals ended and I wasn't so busy to buy a pair, guess I blew it :bang head

bought them from a guy on the forums..you can get them on new egg for 149 shipped at times..just e patient..they are 175 shipped right now i think

squads said:
mine came in the mail today....sweeeeeet can't wait to try it out

nice, will do 280 like water, im waitng on my new cooler to go father then 2.8

Last edited:
Hello guys

This might be a silly question but here it is. Can I use A64 Tweaker on any other MoBo such as a NForce2/3/4 or even a Pentium board? Or what other program is there that would alow me to adjust as much timmings as A64 Tweaker allows?
I have 2GB G.Skills on a Abit AI7 that runs good up to 265 1:1 3-4-4-8
I am thinking I might be able to get more out of them, but need help with memory timmings.

Thank you

Daniel :beer:

Well, I am back in business again. Seeing some other interesting posts throughout this thread and others I am going to try for 290 Mhz tonight and full stability. If you remember, I was able to boot XP 290 Mhz plus but with some stability. My goal is 290, Spi 32m stable.

Dom

Hi I brought a set of these to replace some value ram but I can't even get them to run at 250.I lowered my ht to 4x but it won't even get into windows at more than 230.Could it be the motherboard it's a neo2 platinum with the latest bios on it.
Cheers for any advice

Welp I finally got the credit back from RMA of Ballistix RAM....so I Ordered a set of these guys! I can't wait....hopefully will get it Thursday...then my rig won't be sitting there collecting a top full of dust! It will be running, collecting dust on the inside!

Dominick32: are you using active cooling to get that 280+ Mhz ? Just curious Thanks!

jivetrky said:
Welp I finally got the credit back from RMA of Ballistix RAM....so I Ordered a set of these guys! I can't wait....hopefully will get it Thursday...then my rig won't be sitting there collecting a top full of dust! It will be running, collecting dust on the inside!

Dominick32: are you using active cooling to get that 280+ Mhz ? Just curious Thanks!

Jivetrky,
Immediately upon purchase of my ram it worked flawlessly at 280 mhz without any cooling whatsoever. The rig was even left on for 24 hours Priming with no problems. 280 mhz and 2.7 volts

To get 286 mhz it took a DS/DDS setting change, 2.76 volts and a simple 80mm fan "ghetto" affixed 1 inch above the sticks. I am still working at a 290 SPi 32m pass its just taking some time. :)

Dom

Well I think i might be ordering a set of these sticks..I need 275 mhz in a 5/6th divider to run with my opty @ 330x9 my mushkins fell shory about 10 mhz..and started having 3d errors so they got rma'ed. I hope I'm in luck with these!

how are u guys fixing a fan above the ram I'd like to know, I have a spare 80mm case fan and a spare 120 That i Wouldn;t mind puttin to use.

seer33 said:
how are u guys fixing a fan above the ram I'd like to know, I have a spare 80mm case fan and a spare 120 That i Wouldn;t mind puttin to use.

Twist ties my friend. Just tie them up in any way or fashion possible. hehe :) Ghetto tie it.

Dom

These sticks are great...I tested them stock and they worked great. Stepped it up to 275 at stock timings and no problems at all. I only needed 270 for the 180mHz divider so these are great. I might see if I can tighten the timings a tiny bit and still keep them stable. I saw far less stuttering in Oblivion with these sticks...now I need to go tryout FEAR with max texture resolution :D

Back