• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga-7vrxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes every day is a school day.
The Promise still works off of the PCI BUS, its just that its rated up to around 66MHz(I think) so doesnt corrupt your drives like the Via would.

Let us know how you get on. Well off for some sleep now, up at 4am for work and its 11:40PM now.
Hood

Since i last posted, right now i am running fsb 152 x 11.5 prime has been running for 2 hours with no errors so far. Temps are 46/34.

I wonder what my limits will be. with what i have . I really dont wanna raise the vcore volts.

Last edited:
Yes as you will be getting near the limit of the PCI and AGP components. The promise should be able to withstand it so data corruption shouldnt be an issue but the AGP will probably start giving artifacts etc.
Hood

KT333 is still a good chipset. But as Hood has said, you will need to get to the next divisor to really take advantage of its potential.

Think of it this way. At 150/4= 38 MHz PCI. With the 1/5, you'll have 33 MHz PCI bus again at 166. You'll have to go all the way to 190 to hit 38 MHz again.

My 8K3A+ has the same KT333 chipset, though luckily it is easier to get the divisor to kick in. I have been able to run well over 200 MHz FSB, with PCI speeds up to 42 MHz.

But only try it if you want to. If you're happy where it is at, that's cool too. :)

Well i messed up, it got corrupt. So it was a lesson learned. So for now i will just be happy with what i have, till i can get another nf7 board. Seems fine at just 148 x 11.5.

Back