• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helshad

Registered
Just curious... what is the most you can overclock this baby? :beer:

Ive been fiddling around with it a bit and easily got it to run at 570/1700 but I am not sure how high I can push it without burning it... if that is possible nowdays...

temp is around 50-55 degrees celcius and when I overclocked it it whent up to around 60...

thanx... Looks like I can push it rather hard... :drool:

By the way... is 6334 points in 3D Mark 06 a good score considering my specs? (see signature)

Last edited:
Seems low, I score around 6.5k in 3dmark06 with the rig in my sig, and I have a last generation card. But that may just be due to the difference in CPU.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems most people with the 8800 can easily get into the 9k-10k+ region.

*Edit - just so there is no confusion, I am running only the single Crossfire Edition master card. I dont have a second slave card in the setup. . . yet :)

Ok.. I figure its my CPU that isnt up to the task then... I get lousy scores on that in 3Dmark 06... around 1500 points on the cpu tests... guess its time to upgrade it... hehehe :beer:

Back