• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Rig for 800$ - best for it's money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I understand clearly well that everybody use they's PC for different tasks.
My goal is to give universal solution for average user and overclocking should be not like "a only way" but as option.
For instance - 400$ rig. + option (mobo+coler) and ones can reach another 500mgz for additional 50$.

Overcloackers are just 1% of the 100% PC users.

There are no "universal solutions". That's what OEM prebuilts are for, and they are for suckers in my opinion. There is no "average user". Everybody uses their PC differently.
That's why this is a bad idea. Even if your builds are perfect, making youtube videos about them won't get you anywhere. If anything you'll be the second Austin Evans.

And overclockers (overcloakers? hehe) are 1% but they should be 100%. Overclocking is free performance. It's not hard to do anymore. There are no jumpers to move or complex math to do. Even on the harder to OC platforms like AMD FX there isn't a lot of brain picking involved, and on some platforms like Z97 it's a matter of voltage, multiplier, done deal.

And overclockers (overcloakers? hehe) are 1% but they should be 100%. Overclocking is free performance. It's not hard to do anymore. There are no jumpers to move or complex math to do. Even on the harder to OC platforms like AMD FX there isn't a lot of brain picking involved, and on some platforms like Z97 it's a matter of voltage, multiplier, done deal.

Yes, overcloacking is free and easy Now. But it still demands basic knowledge and pretty hard work (sometimes) to achieve 100% stable, working system which will work in winter and summer time.
I've opened overcloacking for me in times of Intel Celeron 300A. After that each my system was overcloaked. Duron 700, Athlon XP(Thourebred), Athlon XP (Barton), Core 2 Duo E6400, Core 2 Duo E8400, Quad-Core Q6600, Q9550, i5 750, i7 860 and every freaking time each system demanded some time, some special setup, spent time on it... especially during change of the seasons times. (when you have temperature fluctuations )

So, f*ck yeah!
Overcloaking it's easy and hard at one time.

Its a choice of which OS, yes, but a REQUIREMENT to have one and not all have it handy to clone (nor can certain licenses come over from one rig to the next). One can't run games from the BIOS... And Linux gaming is not close to Windows gaming as far as ease of setup and flexibility (again, you say linux, but people that can use and game on linux, won't need their hand held for hardware selections really).

This is, in essence, a shotgun solution for something that requires sniping. I think your efforts are better placed in a different arena Yan. Seriously. :)

Open the Steam in Ubuntu and you will find lots of games.
Do you know that Windows 10 planning to be free?
What is the point to talk about price for OS if all concept of expensive MS Os is already looking into abyss?
Android, Ubuntu, SteamOs, ChromeOs, MacOs X - is MS will not give it's OS for free - nobody will need it tomorrow.
World changed.

I'm talking about HARDWARE here. What is unclear in the world "hardware"? )

Last edited:
Overclock... Not overcloack. :)

And with today's Intel chips, there is nothing hard about it. ;)

+1

Watch

I don't suggest you follow grandma's advice and leave voltage on auto but the point is that you CAN and it's so easy a 3 year old or a 90 year old could pull it off.

BTW there was no Athlon chip codenamed "Thoroughbred". That's a horse.

I'm talking about HARDWARE here. What is unclear in the world "hardware"? )

A lot. You don't wear it, and it's not always hard. Cables, for example. Or tubing. Very soft and flexible, not hard at all.

Last edited:
We're not trying to post on Russian forums though ;)

Well, it worth to try at least. Who knows what will happen? )))

A lot. You don't wear it, and it's not always hard. Cables, for example. Or tubing. Very soft and flexible, not hard at all.

Try, to mutilate this. )))

to all

Ok guys. Thanks for your builds.
I'm going to include in my next video - ADM 4xxx build and Pentium G3258 build - both of them.

Well, it worth to try at least. Who knows what will happen? )))

Try, to mutilate this. )))

to all

Ok guys. Thanks for your builds.
I'm going to include in my next video - ADM 4xxx build and Pentium G3258 build - both of them.

Proof read your posts dude. ADM? Come on. AMD 4XXX chips are horrible. G3258 is a better buy for less money.
Do the 3258 video.

G3258
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
(B85 anniversary optional, and cheaper)
2X4GB 2133 cas 9
(2x4GB 1600 cas 9 optional, and cheaper)
R9 270
500B/CX500
1TB WD Blue
Corsair 200R

Last edited:
Blue is 7200RPM...

Yes. Right.

I've bought my 3xHdd WD Caviar Black about 5 years ago.
They still works perfect. So, 5 years ago was strict separation of WD HDDs.
Black was hi-perf - 7200rpm.
Blue was normal perf - 5400rpm.

Now things changed.
Both are 7200.

So what is the main difference between them now?

I think you may be thinking of the Scorpio Blues at 5400.... To my knowledge the Caviar Blues have always been 7200. The difference between Black and Blue though is Black gives some of the fastest performance on the market (there ARE other choices of course) whereas Blues offer a "sweet spot" for price:performance/resource management.

You know, a good sit down in front of Google.com would clear a lot of confusion from this thread...

I recall that as well on the blues (2.5" and Scorpio line was 5400RPM). But that is nitpicking in the big picture. :)

Black drives are typically slightly larger cache and a longer warranty. That's all the difference I know of.

Yes. Right.

I've bought my 3xHdd WD Caviar Black about 5 years ago.
They still works perfect. So, 5 years ago was strict separation of WD HDDs.
Black was hi-perf - 7200rpm.
Blue was normal perf - 5400rpm.

Now things changed.
Both are 7200.

So what is the main difference between them now?

You haven't done research in 5 years? If you don't keep up with tech you shouldn't make tech videos. No offense just trying to keep it real and logical in this thread.

You haven't done research in 5 years? If you don't keep up with tech you shouldn't make tech videos. No offense just trying to keep it real and logical in this thread.

Video in the process already. Just don't have enough time to make if faster.
Thinking about English version also.

Video in the process already. Just don't have enough time to make if faster.
Thinking about English version also.

An English version would be good if you want us to critique it. I think only 1 other member here speaks Russian so we wouldn't be able to understand you unless it was in English.

I was joking in my last post about not keeping up with hardware, btw.

An English version would be good if you want us to critique it. I think only 1 other member here speaks Russian so we wouldn't be able to understand you unless it was in English.

I was joking in my last post about not keeping up with hardware, btw.

Yes. I will make two versions.

Back