• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 HDD's not showing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solder

A friends machine is having issues installing Windows 7. The HDD's show in the RAID configuration screen but will not load windows. It just throws this error
"Windows cannot enable boot to finish setup". We boot into the OS disk, enter the command line, and diskpart states there are no fixed disks to show.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Seagate ST 1000 7200RPM 1TB drives x4

I know Windows needs a GPT to boot from drives larger than 2.2TB but Diskpart won't show the RAID partition or any drives connected.

We've tried clearing CMOS, resetting RAID to JBOD and installing to each individual drive but those failed too. The system was running fine with
a two drive (1TB each) RAID 0 but now, no dice.

I think it might be a BIOS issue. It sounds like he has BIOS v.F5 and the latest version is F9.

The latest BIOS is UEFI? Is there something different/special about how to flash the UEFI version?

Unless you have the rev 3.0, there is no UEFI BIOS for this MoBo, though upgrading to F8 at least should be advisable.

Unless you have the rev 3.0, there is no UEFI BIOS for this MoBo, though upgrading to F8 at least should be advisable.

I had him flash the newest BIOS and it still had the same problem and no UEFI so we went with the Dual RAID setup (2TB RAID and a second 2TB RAID). Thanks. :)

Back