• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship 2008 - Taipei

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How did you guys enter?

Myself,

I had to enter the regional heats in my part of the world.

Bench SPI 8M, using the rules and screenshots set out by Gigabyte and post/email them in. With the top benchers/scores receiving an invitation to the regional finals in Sydney.
Then I needed to win that event (it was a live event with around 50+ on lookers) to receive my invitation to the world finals in Taipei.
As the winner of my regional final, I get to pick who goes with me. I picked dino who was the runner up, a great overclocker/bencher and a hell of a nice guy.

Myself,

I had to enter the regional heats in my part of the world.

Bench SPI 8M, using the rules and screenshots set out by Gigabyte and post/email them in. With the top benchers/scores receiving an invitation to the regional finals in Sydney.
Then I needed to win that event (it was a live event with around 50+ on lookers) to receive my invitation to the world finals in Taipei.
As the winner of my regional final, I get to pick who goes with me. I picked dino who was the runner up, a great overclocker/bencher and a hell of a nice guy.

I see, very interesting. Good luck to all of you you.

By the way OCF members

Please show your support for the OCF members that are taking part at this event.

Please go to this web site http://gooc2008.gigabyte.com.tw/index_en.html and along the top you will see "contestants" click on that, then click on "Australia" or "USA 1" and vote for us :)

You will need to put an e-mail account etc etc in, but it would be great if you could.

Not sure which one of us you should vote for ?

Easy....Both!

One of two ways.

Vote for me today (under Australia) and then Ross/Mark tomorrow (under USA 1) You can vote once every day.

Or

Help set up an account for your Wife, Mum, Dad, Brother etc etc (all of the above) And have one/half vote for Ross/Mark and the other/half vote for Myself/Dino

After you have voted, please post in here and let us know, it would be great to hear from you all :)

I will also add this to the first post.

I've been voting everyday....plus my wife has voted everday, even though she doesn't know she has...lol:beer:

I can't wait, Gigabyte put on a great event in LA. This being international should eclipse that easily. Soo many big name overclockers coming together, you can't help but have something interesting happening all the time. Deanzo busted his tail to make the finals and meet up with Ross and I, now we just need some magic to put things together so our teams come out one - two! :D

I can't wait, Gigabyte put on a great event in LA. This being international should eclipse that easily. Soo many big name overclockers coming together, you can't help but have something interesting happening all the time. Deanzo busted his tail to make the finals and meet up with Ross and I, now we just need some magic to put things together so our teams come out one - two! :D

I'm counting down the days, can't wait to meet you guys (as well as the other benchers there)

well i voted for you today deanoz tomorrow will be ross again
Rich

Many thanks :)

just voted! ill go again tomorrow :beer:

Thanks, thats what we want to hear :)

Well I hope some of you win something for all the voting :beer:

I am so looking forward to the event (maybe not the 17+ hour trip), but the event will be awesome if LA was any kind indicator :thup:

Good luck guyz! I'm sure you'll kickass and bring home the championships! :thup:

Thanks mate :)

Best of luck, wish I was there! I bet competition is really tough, but I am sure you guys can come through :p

Good luck you guys. :thup: voted!

Nice one, we like votes :santa:

Wow Dean, Australia has an insane # of votes, congrats!

Still a long way to go to pull back Indonesia :-/
I'm hopeful with the help of the members here it can be done.

what ever team usa#1 or AU team wins, i get half! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! :p

ross dont worry about the luggage i got you covered. might want to be carefull though, one is going to be real heavy!! ;)

Still a long way to go to pull back Indonesia :-/
I'm hopeful with the help of the members here it can be done.

hmmm...maybe we can get Cyber Command to knock out their internet backbone...that would put a stop to anymore votes from inside Indonesia...lol j/k

what ever team usa#1 or AU team wins, i get half! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! :p

ross dont worry about the luggage i got you covered. might want to be carefull though, one is going to be real heavy!! ;)
Covered how? You have a pick up truck and are driving me to the airport? :)

Back