• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte SKT-AM3+ 990FXA-UD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd suggest the 550Ti over the GTS 450. Slightly more performance and the 550Ti is a pretty awesome card. I had one and it surprised me a few times.

right secondly the fx 8 core cooling with the H100 with gentle typhoons?
soo that should be a solid cooler? = Will be good to about 90% of the very most speed you can get from a BD FX-8150 cpu. That last 10% or so is never reached by the majority of people anyway.

and why low profile ram? what does the low profile do? = That sort of ram does n0t have tall heat spreaders that interfere with high performance air coolers. May make no difference if you stay with water which he did not know would happen for sure.

and no idea what 'cl11 1333 ram, that'll easily do 2133mhz cl10 with 1.55v' bit of a noob tbh :( = That is ram manufactured using Samsung memory chips in making up the ram sticks. Might take a little doing to find the stuff. It is a 'thing' that is known about after much ram testing and looking about.

im glad you agree that is going to be a good cooling set up, thankyou,

and ah right, soo if im using a water cooler, it doesn't matter about the low profile ram?

and an right,, is that like overclocking the ram? that kinda thing, getting a better performance out of the ram?

and for a graphics card. i now have no idea, faaaaaaaaaaar to many options on a good card :L

but thankyou all for the help, :)

Back