• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte x399 aorus gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freebee269

Hello everyone. I recently bought an and 1920x with gigabyte aorus gaming 7 motherboard from cyberpowerpc. (Don't judge me lol) I have had it about 6 weeks now. Everything has been working great up until yesterday. I restarted my PC and it booted back up with no video. The VGA LED light on the motherboard is on. I tried moving the video card to every pcie slot but still no video. I then hit the cmos_sw button on the motherboard to reset the bios but still no change. On the motherboard the codes go through it's start up but then stops at 90. I looked up what 90 is it is phase transfer to dxe. I have no idea what that is. I then unplugged every peripheral except gpu CPU cooler and 1 ram stick. I am still getting the code 90 with no video. I then switched out the GPU for another that I know works and no change still. Still stops at code 90 with VGA LED on and no video. It is weird because everything starts up like it's supposed to. All the fans work, the cooler lights come on, the PSU is working, all the lights on the motherboard are on. I can't figure it out. I tried some of the options to get to the back up bios but none of them do anything. The only thing I have not tried is taking out the cmos battery but I can't get the m.2 plate off because the screw that is holding it in is so dang tight. The battery is under this this plate. Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea of what I can do to solve this? I would appreciate any help.

I can be wrong but it reminds me of power delivery issues on previous Gigabyte motherboards. Hard to say exactly but if you are sure that everything else works good on other motherboard ( graphics card, RAM etc ) then ask Gigabyte about this issue and/or make RMA.

Back