• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good gaming CPUs under $150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowep

Registered
Are there any decent-priced CPU's I could get my hands on that are preferably $100 or below but i will dish out 150 if necessary. Thanks for any help in advance :)

Any particular socket? Or are you buying it all from scratch? I'd recommend a used 2500K if you can find one.

I meant the whole motherboard sorry for the fail type

I may just keep my a6-3650 for now...Do know if that would work OK with a 560Ti?

I'm looking at the costs is why I may just keep the motherboard and cpu for now. I've been all over the internet trying to find out that question and am just plain tired of searching for an answer...

If I could get an answer to that question here that would help greatly :)

What GPU do you have now? You should put your system specs in your signature - that would help.

A 560Ti would probably improve your performance in some games, but it depends on the game. Your CPU will still be a bottleneck, but you could upgrade later?

You could grab the new Trinity-based A10-5800K. It's overclockable, low power consumption, has performance right up there with the Ivy Bridge i5s and for 100 dollars less.

I saw FX-4170's at Fry's recently for $109. I paid $130 a few months back for mine and I am happy with it. I also don't have anything bad to say about the Sabertooth I moved up to recently, it is worth all $99 I paid for it from Geeks.

Back