• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good ram for a abit nf7-s and mobile 2500 m setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thirdinc

I have an abit nf7-s rev. 2, a Mobile 2500 Barton and some cheapo DDR3200 ram. My ram seems to be holding me back as it will only clock to a 200 FSB. I can hit 2.4 and 2.5 Gs and remain relatvely stable at a 1.75 vcore (according to CPU-z even though it is set to 1.825 in bios). Oh, and my temps never go above 42C with a Si-97 heatsink and a 92mm tornado. I believe I can go a little higher if I had the right RAM. Suggestions anyone? I was looking at some PQI 1gig of dual channel TCCD memory. Or perhaphs I should go with DDR3700. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this setup?

If you're not in budget, I would go for Gskill LA set for now and future performance.

IMO any TCCD ram will be a plus for the future if you decide to go a64 soon after.

u might be able to get a nice deal on some BH-5 , alot of ppl that have upgraded to a64 are now selling off there bh5 so they can get tccd , but if u get that u will need to vmod or get a ddr boster .
I had this ocz pc4200 ram in my nf7/mobile it ran 240 fsb , mb wouldnt boot over 245 fsb

Back